Autor Thema: Payment screens  (Gelesen 2832 mal)

Offline jenny

Payment screens
« am: April 15, 2007, 14:52 »
Alf

Couple of things here

Having been using SiDiary free download for a couple of weeks I liked it so much I decided to buy it together with the driver and USB cable for my monitor.  I therefore clicked on the 'Buy Now' button on the reminder window that pops up but other than that, the rest of the payment bits were 100% German.  Unfortunately my German ain't that good and whilst I can get the gist, I wasn't really absolutely sure what to click to ensure I was buying the correct kit.

So I went on the main site and did the transaction in English - fine - but some people might not think of doing that, or would worry whether all the info they have loaded into the free version is going to transfer in to the purchased version - I assume that when I get mine and click on the 'Registration' button on the pop-up, it will all transfer over.  Please tell me I'm correct and I won't lose it all!  It just isn't user-friendly, and I think you may lose potential sales.

So I merrily went through the English version on the main site and found in the address fields I couldn't enter my full post-code.  Only the first 4 digits which only narrows it down to about 50 streets. I then realised that it didn't ask for my house number either, only the name of the street.  So that narrows it down to just a few hundred houses!!!!  Of course, I then entered my house number.  We have all sorts of problems with post here in the UK, in fact a neighbour put a (correctly-addressed) letter from my Bank through our letterbox only this morning!!  So even if you do put the complete address on mail, these days there is no guarantee that it will arrive.  It concerns me that the site does not enable you to put my full address on the parcel.

UK post codes consist of 2 parts, the first field is up to 4 characters (one or two letters followed by one or two numbers) then there is always a SPACE followed by I think a maximum of 3 characters (but may be 4 - which consists of one (or is it up to two??) numbers followed by one or two letters) - so you would need to allow up to 9 characters to make sure it can be used fully for UK purchasers.

Jenny

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Payment screens
« Antwort #1 am: April 16, 2007, 09:06 »
Jenny,

thanks for the investigated issues. We will check the language switch on the payment site ASAP.

The postal issue for UK will probably a bit more difficult to fix: We are using a free online shop system, Zen Cart but we will try to enhance the php-code so that addresses from UK will be handled properly too!

Thanks, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit