Autor Thema: Importing data from Ascensia Contour 2  (Gelesen 3172 mal)

Offline Matt_C

Importing data from Ascensia Contour 2
« am: April 13, 2007, 11:14 »
I'm using the test version of Sidiary and I noticed a problem when downloading data from my Ascensia Contour 2 glucose meter.

Sidiary recognises the meter and starts downloading the data, and you can see the number of glucose readings decreasing on the screen of the Contour 2.
I have 480 readings on my meter, and Sidiary stops downloading the data after it reaches 300.  The program simply stops and rejects all the readings - none are imported into Sidiary.  On the screen of the Contour 2 it stops at 180 every time.
Sidiary doesn't show any error messages, the screen goes blank for a half a second and then shows the normal import screen asking which blood monitor driver you want to use.

Is Sidiary restricted to importing less than 300 readings?  
I tested by deleting all the readings from the Contour 2 and then making a couple of new readings, and these imported straight away with no problems.

I would like to buy the program, but I just want to check that the driver for the Contour 2 is working correctly first.
CSII Minimed Paradigm 722, Bayer Contour Link, SiDiaryW32, SiDiaryPPC,

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Importing data from Ascensia Contour 2
« Antwort #1 am: April 13, 2007, 17:40 »
Matt, probably there is a number limit which is currently not handled properly by the driver because we enhanced the Ascensia driver "only" for the new inputs of the Ascensia 2 based on Ascensia's information that the data specification hasn't changed.
(The most recent specs already outlined data categories which just weren't used by other/older Ascensia devices)

Since it wouldn't be the first time that specifications are not reflecting the real life I could imagine that the number limit from the older Ascensia devices was enlarged too without updating the specs... ;)

Of course we will update the driver that it will work fine for a completely filled Ascensia 2 meter too - that will be just a minor change!

We will come back to you when the update will be available.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline Matt_C

Re: Importing data from Ascensia Contour 2
« Antwort #2 am: April 13, 2007, 21:03 »
Hi Alf,

many thanks for the quick reply, I'm already impressed by the support for this product.

I had a check through my old Ascensia Contour pdf files, and you were right, the old Contour had a maximum limit of 240 records.

Its not such a big issue, I will just make sure I download from the meter regularly and if it gets a bit full I can delete the memory on the meter every so often.

I used the Pocketpc Sidiary at work today with the insulin suggestions turned on, and I was very impressed.  My blood glucose levels were much better than normal.
I also like the built in nutritional values, it made working out how many BE the Mövenpick icecream I had at lunch was very easy  :super:

Just a quick tip for any English ex-pats living in Germany who want to have the German nutritional values but with the program running in the English language, download and install the German version of the Sidiary and then simply change the language over to English afterwards, that way the Nutritional data is German and not American!

Thanks again Alf

Matt
CSII Minimed Paradigm 722, Bayer Contour Link, SiDiaryW32, SiDiaryPPC,