Autor Thema: New User - Couple of Questions (Remarks & Exercise?)  (Gelesen 3930 mal)

Offline skjohn8

New User - Couple of Questions (Remarks & Exercise?)
« am: Januar 22, 2005, 07:22 »
Hi all,

I've been a user of "DiabeticPIM" (www.pocketdiabetic.com) for a while now, and it has most everything I need.  However, the things that are lacking are significant enough to start me on investigating other options. The missing piece was being able to specify a different insulin/carb ratio for the morning than what I had for lunch & dinner.  It was a single ratio for the whole day, which wasn't working for me!

This package looks great, and it's FREE!  Thank you for your time & efforts - it is much appreciated!

I'm trying to get used to the new interface (old habits die hard).  Regarding the "remark" field - not sure of the best way to phrase my question.  With the other software, I was able to add a comment to any blood sugar value, as well as a stand alone comment (noting change of infusion set, particular stress, or anything else worth making note of) independant of anything else.  Does the remark field in SiDiary work similarly?

How does everybody make note of exercise?

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as I start using this more.

Thanks for your time!

This

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: New User - Couple of Questions (Remarks & Exercise?)
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 23, 2005, 15:24 »
Hi John,

I'm trying to get used to the new interface (old habits die hard).  Regarding the "remark" field - not sure of the best way to phrase my question.  With the other software, I was able to add a comment to any blood sugar value, as well as a stand alone comment (noting change of infusion set, particular stress, or anything else worth making note of) independant of anything else.  Does the remark field in SiDiary work similarly?

I'm afraid not in the same way as you described it. But I've solved this problem by entering the actual time (I use SiDiary on PPC). Therfor Alf had made a button for actual time. Then I can use any phrase that Ive saved before, so that it needs only two tabs to make an entry.

Zitat
How does everybody make note of exercise?

By entering the start and end time of an exercise. This a another point on Alf's to-do-list: creating a more easier way to archive this circumstances.

Zitat
I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as I start using this more.

Feel free to ask any question you have. Not only on SiDiary, even on diabetes itself. We try to answer any question, even our english-language skills are as poor as mine :zwinker:
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 24, 2005, 10:11 »
Hi John,

Jörg has already answered your question regarding the remarks. That's an unlimited field and you can use timestamps within this field for an easier understanding...

Regarding exercises: Yes so far you must use the comments but it's one of the number one priorities on my todo list and hopefully it will come very soon! :)

And most important: Since you came from another soft: Your comments are greatly appreciated!! ;) I always want to improve things...

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline skjohn8

« Antwort #3 am: Januar 25, 2005, 20:28 »
Thanks for the information.

I'll play around with it a bit and see what I think. 

More to come!