Autor Thema: Spv C500 Data Syncing problems.  (Gelesen 5434 mal)

Offline William J

Spv C500 Data Syncing problems.
« am: Februar 24, 2005, 22:17 »
 Hello fellow Diabetics. Can anyone tell me the process of Syncing an spv c500 with the pc software ( using XP Pro) been trying for the last 4hours and I still cant find the answer, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Will....
 :mauer:

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Spv C500 Data Syncing problems.
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 24, 2005, 23:33 »
Hi William,

the clue is that ActiveSync cannot sync files with smartphones. Therefor the smartphone beta zip includes SPSync.exe which syncs the files instead of ActiveSync.
You have to specify several folders.

But!...
...you could also try the current beta which includes SiDiarySmartSync! :banane:
The download link is provided in the internal section within the (very first) meter thread.

SmartSync makes syncing with any mobile device really easy because it will recognize all folder settings automatically and it allows to save the data also on a SD-card i.e.
SmartSync makes automatic backup files prior merging the data and best of it: It also syncs smartphones... :zwinker:

Cheers, Alf.

DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline William J

« Antwort #2 am: März 05, 2005, 20:25 »
Hi me again,
Still having trouble syncing the c500 with the windows app.  Can you tell me which files I need to copy over and how to do it (I am but a simple welshman who has'nt got a clue!!!).  Also I read on the forum that it is possible to transfer data from accu-chek software to SIDiary format. Any tips on How?

Awaiting your answer.

Cheers

Will

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #3 am: März 06, 2005, 18:34 »
Hi Will,

the download link for the current Beta (including SiDiarySmartSync) can be found in this thread from the internal area:
http://www.diabetesinfo.de/forum/index.php/topic,631.0.html

The settings window will popup automatically on the first time starting SiDIary with a connected mobile device...

Import readings from AccuChek devices will come soon but there is no driver available so far...

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android

Offline Amanda

« Antwort #4 am: März 22, 2005, 23:31 »
Did you get this working - I have one working and I can try to help if you like.  I have some problems with my syncing as well - but I think I might be doing something in the wrong order because it works most of the time but I sometimes lose data - which is infuriating.

Hopefully we could work it out between us ?

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #5 am: März 23, 2005, 08:03 »
Hi Amanda,

I would like to ask you to use the most recent beta from this URL:
http://www.sidiary.org/sidiary/en/downloadstart.asp?f=_SiDiaryBeta5.zip
NOTE: It's just available on the second download location!!!

I would assume that you are currently not using the new SiDiary SmartSync function for data syncing (?) because the problems you have described (just sometimes lose of data) was found ~2 or 3 weeks ago: The problem was based on the data file size because the windows profileString() functions did truncate the string blocks after the string position of appr. ~10kB...
The new SmartSync also provides automated backups of your data! :ja:

Cheers, Alf.

Offline Amanda

« Antwort #6 am: März 29, 2005, 19:57 »
Me again I am afraid.  I have just lost several more days data.  I noticed that after installing the software on the link provided above lots of the old software was left in various files.  I will delete everything tonight and download/install again - but at the moment could you let me know if there is a problem with the pc information overwriting the spv-c500 information.  The log in program files\sidiary\windows\sidiarysync has the following entry :
29.03.2005 18:42:40 SPV_C500   Profile-data PC->SPV_C500

The PC says it is syncronising but just blanks all my readings out.

Thanks.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #7 am: März 29, 2005, 20:58 »
Hi Amanda,

so far there are no known constraints with the SmartSync function. The line from your sync log file told me that the whole profile file was synct from the desktop to your smartphone. (The profile data is synced as a complete file not partially).

If you will still have trouble with syncing, you should set the following key within the sidiary.ini file
[Einstellungen]
Debug=1

This will force the desktop version to log down more details for the merging process of the daily data. Then you can see exactly for each column which information came from the desktop, which from the mobile device and which SiDiary has taken after merging the data...

Let me know, if there are still unsolved things...

Cheers, Alf.

Offline Amanda

« Antwort #8 am: März 29, 2005, 21:03 »
Thanks Alf - I have just been in the beta testers part of this forum which had more info - 'LordEnglish...'
My smartphone only has version 0.9.97 - could this be the problem ?

Is there an easy way to uninstall on the smartphone ?  (Haven't looked yet but saw you were on ;)