Autor Thema: Online Sync error  (Gelesen 5886 mal)

Offline Doinshots

Online Sync error
« am: Februar 05, 2009, 15:19 »
Hello,

First off, thank you for the PERFECT program for me. It has everything I need and more!

I am having an issue syncing to SiDiary's online server. I get the following error:

An error occurred at SiDiary's online server: -2147012889 - The server name or address could not be resolved

Is this a proxy server issue?

Thanks

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Online Sync error
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 05, 2009, 16:37 »
Hi Doinshots,

yes actually we have had an identical message with a German customer a few weeks ago. He was using a laptop either in his office environment and also in his home network and he had found out that there was a proxy setting not updodate.

SiDiary is using the proxy configuration from the registry where i.e. internet explorer should also put his settings. If this proxy isn't available the DNS-server configured on your computer cannot be contacted and therefor the URL of the SiDiary online server cannot be resolved.

Hope this helps a bit?!

DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline Doinshots

« Antwort #2 am: Februar 05, 2009, 17:28 »
Hi Doinshots,

yes actually we have had an identical message with a German customer a few weeks ago. He was using a laptop either in his office environment and also in his home network and he had found out that there was a proxy setting not updodate.

SiDiary is using the proxy configuration from the registry where i.e. internet explorer should also put his settings. If this proxy isn't available the DNS-server configured on your computer cannot be contacted and therefor the URL of the SiDiary online server cannot be resolved.

Hope this helps a bit?!

Thank you for the fast reply. My proxy for IE is set by a script. What port does SiDiary connect via? If it is updating via HTTP, what is the server name it is trying to reach? Maybe  I can jus add an entry in my host file.

EDIT

I resolved this issue. We use an automatic configuration script in IE. This does NOT set the proxy information into the registry. I determined what our actual proxy server is and added that to the IE comfiguration, which added it to the registry, which allowed SiDiary to update.

Thanks!!!
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 05, 2009, 18:13 von Doinshots »

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 05, 2009, 18:05 »
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline whaw

« Antwort #4 am: April 13, 2009, 13:20 »
Hi

I am also having an issue synching to the online server.

I recently started with the online server version and then thought it would be good to have PC version as well - so tried version 6 as a trial.  My data is online so I thought I would just synch from the online to the local.  Entered my account details and tried synching - all I get is a blank pop-up that just hangs.  Thought it might be slow interent connection but nothing happens.

Checked proxy setting on IE and they blank - also checked on firefox and also open.  From IE I can connect to the https site no problems?

Any ideas what else I can try?

Thanks
Wayne

Offline LordBritish

• Global Moderator
  • Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #5 am: April 13, 2009, 14:37 »
Any ideas what else I can try?

The sync between SiDiary and SiDiary Online is in the moment not for Version6 ONLY Version 5.

Cheers, Markus.