Autor Thema: UDT ate my Beta v6 report!  (Gelesen 2177 mal)

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
UDT ate my Beta v6 report!
« am: Oktober 13, 2008, 23:31 »
 :mauer: Technology is wunderbar (?) wonderful.

I was finishing a lengthy post on Beta v6 En Print Reports.  Somehow I accidentally clicked off the page.  :patsch:

The draft of the post was lost since it was still UDT data.

Is it feasible to have a "save as draft" feature?  I was spoiled by GMail where I can manually save a draft.  (Although I LOVE SiDiary and DiabetesInfo Forums!)  :stern: Thank you, Joerg and everyone involved.

Oh well, I'll take time to do a BG, Insulin dose, and food, then reconstruct the post ...

Sorry,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: UDT ate my Beta v6 report!
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 14, 2008, 10:22 »
I never expierenced problems like this but perhaps this comes from the fact that I checkmarked the permanent login checkbox which places a cookie on my system and even if my current session will timeout while I'm writing a longer post the forum will automatically re-login...

Jörg is not programming the forum himself, he's using a free standard forum software and need's to take what this software can provide...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 14, 2008, 12:48 »
Hi Alf,

My profile also has permanent login checked, but that was not the issue.   The problem was between the chair and the keyboard!

:rotwerd:  This problem was a touchpad mistouch -- I am working on a laptop.  This accidentally navigated away from the New Topic page I was writing.  It had not yet been previewed or posted.  The browser Back button returned to the same Forum page, but the pending New Topic was lost.  C'est la vie.

I do appreciate everything that Joerg is doing with and for the Forum!  A key part of being a good webmaster is choosing and using the right tools!  (I have worn the Webmaster Hat  :narr: from time to time...)

An alternative solution to my save draft suggestion came to mind:

Use a text editor:

:compi:  If the post is more than just a couple of sentences, I will compose it off-line with a flat text editor.  The draft can then be easily saved, edited, spell-checked, set aside and returned to later, or whatever else is needed.  When the draft is completed, it is simple to use Windows Clipboard to copy the flat-file contents from my local PC, then paste it into a Forum New Topic or Reply.

Hope this suggestion to myself is useful to others,

Best regards,

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 14, 2008, 19:55 »
Hope this suggestion to myself is useful to others,

I think so. I've already thought of it by myself, because this issue ('Forum eats text') is not unknown to me. Especially if I write very long postings it's really shocking if you click at 'send' and suddenly there is no posting anymore. But - lucky me! - in most of this cases I was able to restore the text by using my browsers back button (and then copy and paste it to a textfile)
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/