Autor Thema: SiDiary V6 Beta En  (Gelesen 43372 mal)

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: SiDiary V6 Beta En
« Antwort #80 am: Februar 06, 2009, 10:43 »
Build 1162 Data Migration Wizard
The Data Migration Wizard automatically found the SiDiary 5 PC data files and (as mentioned above) successfully converted all data.  I did notice a small point with Data Migration.  The converted Patient Profile this time did not have a patient name, only the check box and [1] for a patient name.  However, when I selected Patient [1], all the data appeared.  I then used the Profile Wizard to change the Patient Name, enter regimen, birth date, and so forth.

I'd say this is no big deal because usually you need the conversion only one time.

Zitat
As I have mentioned many times, it would be very helpful to have a note about the format of the birth date (dd/mm/yyy) vs the North American standard of mm/dd/yyyy.  Otherwise, without prompting, a North American user would inadvertently enter a birth date equivalent of 06 August 19xx when the actual birth date was 08 June 19xx.

I don't have written any not yet because I think this is an important issue and should be able to set in the program settings (like time 24h v.s. am/pm)

Zitat
Patient Profile Wizard
Patient Profile Wizard works well.  However, when asking for a Patient Name, it does not differentiate between Last Name and First Name, but concatenates the specified name on a single line.  I had to edit the Patient Profile to enter Last Name and First Name separately.

Or you write it like 'Last Name, First name' (Comma seperated). However: at minimum there should be an explanation

Zitat
Print Reports
In the past I have commented several times that Print Reports seemed to spool reports immediately to the default printer, especially with Word 2007.  I had asked to instead spool reports to the Print Manager so custom Printer Preferences could be used.  (I.e., dual sided printing, printer "watermarks", etc.)  You can disregard those old comments.

In this case - as you have discovered - you should press 'Print' but 'Preview'. Then the report will be opened in your text system (like MS Word) and you can print it from there. And there - of course - you can choose the printer. I will write this as a tip in the manual/online help.

Because of I don't think that the main group of SiDiary users have so much printers we should use this option as build.

Zitat
Print > PDF produces a Windows Print Manager error that no PDF printer is installed.

http://www.sidiary.de/?ID=1004 (I will copy that to the manual/online help

Note:  All test Reports were printed to my Epson Style CX5800F All-in-One Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Copier, Photo Printer, Fax on U.S. Standard 8-1/2 x 11 Portrait layout inkjet paper.

Zitat
Report Templates

I will test/adjust them (->ToDo-List)
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #81 am: Februar 06, 2009, 10:46 »
Hi John,

Zitat
As I have mentioned many times, it would be very helpful to have a note about the format of the birth date (dd/mm/yyy) vs the North American standard of mm/dd/yyyy.  Otherwise, without prompting, a North American user would inadvertently enter a birth date equivalent of 06 August 19xx when the actual birth date was 08 June 19xx.
SiDIary is using the locale settings from your windows configuration. So you can enter date values in exactly your prefferred format while users from UK will use theirs...

Zitat
Print > PDF produces a Windows Print Manager error that no PDF printer is installed.
If you right-click the PDF button you will always open the selection of the preferred PDF-tool. There's a button for downloading such tools, including free PDF-printer drivers

Zitat
Standard-Farbe-mitGrafiken.rtf
Obviously, the Patient Profile header in the Report is still in German.  The RTFs need to be translated to English, and a few terms converted such as BZ to BG, and BE to BP.
Please copy the english equivalents of the standard-reports from your V5 installation. They are fully compatible and translated completely.

Zitat
It would be helpful to have the Bar Chart included in this Report Template.
It can already be referenced but I need to lookup the placholder's name. Anyway the next beta-download package will have some new reports.

I will check the other (language) issues...

Thanks John!
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
« Antwort #82 am: Februar 09, 2009, 01:17 »
More on Build 1162 En and SiD6PPC

Print Reports (English)

:compi: As Alf suggested, I copied the RTF templates from SiDiary5PC EN to the Templates directory of SiD6 PC EN 1162.  The Patient Profile and all row and columns labels are now in English, as expected!  All but one Graphic print correctly.

:gruebeln: Statistics - All Values error
Graph label is correct, but previewed and printed reports have blank image space holder.  The actual graphic does not appear, just the blank image space holder.  The problem seems to occur in all report formats that use Statistics - All Values.

??? DirectPrint
Graphics print fine, although immediately spooled to printer in Portrait mode.  The BG Graphic in DirectPrint would be better in Landscape mode, though this is a minor point.  It it not obvious if it is possible to Preview with DirectPrint, thus enabling Printer Preferences selection.

Image Preview
Because there are no images for some of the English Templates, No Preview Available shows when the Template is highlighted for selection.  Just add to ToDo List :)

NovoStyleColorized
When this Template is opened in Word 2007, only the cell references appear in the document, not the values referenced.  For example, the first header appears as " [list_START_1][TAG] ".  Each cell contains the TAG, not the value.

NovoStyle (standard), on the the other hand, works and prints fine.

:knatschig: Microsoft VisualBasic errors with Word 2007
When using Word 2007, most of the RTF Templates produce one or two Microsoft Visual Basic errors:

Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModul and / or
Compile error in hidden module: AutoNew

The document then does open properly, and the only issue I've discovered so far is with NovoStyleColorized, above.  I have not tested all templates, but have focussed on those I use most frequently, StandardColorWithGraphs and NovoStyle.  I also tried GraphicsOnly, which was fine other than Statistics - All Values.

Print PDF Right-Click
As soon as I tried using Right-Click on the PDF button, as suggested, the custom PDF options become obvious!  If this is not already noted in the User Manual and Help file, it would be an very useful addition!

Microsoft Save as PDF Word addin
I downloaded and installed Microsoft's Save as PDF addin for Word 2007.  It works fine with Word 2007 and SiDiary PC Build 1162 The PDF file produced by the addin prints perfectly from Adobe Reader 9.

PDF995
 :taenzchen: PDF995 seems to be a great low-cost or "free" source for most things PDF-related!  What a great addition to the PDF Right-Click context menu!  Thanks for the reference.

I have downloaded all of the freeware/advertising sponsored ware from PDF995.  I have not yet installed them, but will post my responses about using this with SiDiary6 when I do install the PDF995 programs.

:kratz: SiDiary6PPC
The program launches on my HP iPAQ hx2495b WM5 PDA using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1Synch to PC and From PC does show Slave Mode on the PDA, but synchronized data from Build 1162 does not appear in the Log Book of SiDiary6 PPC.  There is only a blank Log Book page.  Is this because 6PPC is only in German?  There are no errors appearing in 6PPC or Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1.

Regards,

John

« Letzte Änderung: Februar 09, 2009, 01:40 von jlconrod »
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #83 am: Februar 09, 2009, 01:54 »
Hi John,

Zitat

SiDIary is using the locale settings from your windows configuration. So you can enter date values in exactly your prefferred format while users from UK will use theirs...

I believe my Locale settings for time are mm/dd/yyyy. I will confirm this.  Input on Patient Profile > Birth Date is consistently formatted as dd/mm/yyyy.

Zitat
If you right-click the PDF button you will always open the selection of the preferred PDF-tool. There's a button for downloading such tools, including free PDF-printer drivers

:preisen: Wow, this is great - especially the included web links!  Be sure this is in User Manual and Help files.

Zitat
Please copy the english equivalents of the standard-reports from your V5 installation. They are fully compatible and translated completely.

Done! -- and they work great.  How easy was that!?!

Zitat
It would be helpful to have the Bar Chart included in this Report Template.

It can already be referenced but I need to lookup the placholder's name. Anyway the next beta-download package will have some new reports.

I will check the other (language) issues...

I look forward to the new reports in the next build!

Zitat
Thanks John!

You are very welcome!

As always, personal regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #84 am: Februar 09, 2009, 09:46 »
 :sternhalb: SiDiary 6 PPC.Net, V6.0.104

:compi: A corrected update on SiDiary Beta 6 PPC running with Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Synch to my HP iPAQ hx2495b WM5 PPC PDA.  Synch is set To PC and From PC.

Fine, other than all in German (since it is the German version!)  :D

Übersicht
 :knatschig: No data is shown on the "Log Book" page.

Statistik
 :patsch: Because the menus are in German, I needed to use "hit or miss" navigation to discover that I needed to use Auswertungstyp to select and display the graphs. However, the Graphs all seem to have valid and current data.

Kuchendiagramm
Pie chart works fine!

Standardtag
Scatter graph works perfectly, too.

Statistik
Detail statistics, no problem.

Verlaufsgrafik
Line graph is good, too (other than the fact that it does show my personal erratic StdDev from "brittle Diabetes".  Info is correct,  but guess we can't completely reprogram my body.  :-\

Blutdr.
"Keine Werte!" -- but only because I do not have enough valid data...

Gewicht
Also "Keine Werte!" because of a lack of data.

Trend Tab
 ??? Tab displays properly.  However, even though there is underlying data as shown by the Graphs, all values in Trend display ?.

Zeitraum (Sorry, my comment is out of the correct Menu order. Zeitraum is actually OK in the Menu structure)
Again with hit or miss selection, I discovered that Zeitraum is for the date range.  Beta 6 PC allows additional date selections of 1 Week and 1 Day.  It seems that Beta 6 PPC.Net starts with a date range of 2 Weeks, correct?  A selection of 1 Week would be helpful.

Einstellg.
This works properly, too.

©
Properly displays Copyright page.
Data:  \My Documents\SiDiary6PPC\

Warm regards,

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #85 am: Februar 09, 2009, 11:18 »
Hi John,

you can use the SiDiaryEn.txt file from the Beta6-Subfolder \SiDiary\Language and copy that file to the SiDIaryPPC6.exe folder, After restarting the app, you will have most of the GUI in English too, perhaps there are some new elemnts missing in the translation package...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #86 am: Februar 09, 2009, 13:01 »
Hi John,

you can use the SiDiaryEn.txt file from the Beta6-Subfolder \SiDiary\Language and copy that file to the SiDIaryPPC6.exe folder, After restarting the app, you will have most of the GUI in English too, perhaps there are some new elemnts missing in the translation package...

Combination of SiDiaryEn.txt and editing SiDiary.ini Works

I used WM Device Center > File Management > Browse files... to open an Explorer Window on the PDA,  I then copied SiDiaryEn.txt from Beta 6 EN 1162 to \Program Files\SiDiary6PPC (the directory on the PDA with PPC6).  That did not seem to make a difference.  After terminating Beta6PPC and "launching" a new instance (by double-clicking the executable using PPC File Explorer), the GUI was still in German.

:dozent: It occurred to me that it might be an issue with the SiDiary.ini on the PPC.  I edited the .ini to read Sprache=EN.  Under Vista, I did not have permission to save the edited .ini directly to the PPC, even as an Administrator-equivalent account.

Based on my experience with Vista, I saved the EN-version .ini to the PC, used Windows Explorer to copy the edited .ini to the clipboard, opened the PPC folder again using WM Device Center > File Management > Browse files..., and then pasted the "new" SiDiary.ini to \Program Files\SiDiary6PPC.  This method permitted overwriting the DE-verson .ini with the EN-version .ini.

Finally, in the open File Explorer window on the PDA I double-clicked SiDiary6PPC.  Oila!SiDiary6PPC in English!  :anfeuer:

:preisen: Thanks for the suggestion! 

FYI: 
BG-Grid
English labels, but the cells are still blank.

Statistics
Other reports seems to still work fine

Trend
Still just "?" for the Trend Arrows and Rating Smileys.  We can tell from the Statistics reports that the data is there and being Synched.

??? Settings
Two radio buttons at bottom of page are still in German:
Spalten auf Tabelle vertellen
Spalten linksbudig anordnen

©
Just fine!

BTW:  SiDiary5 PPC.Net is installed on the SD Card in \SD Card\Program Files\SiDiary

Warm regards with thanks again for the suggestion and quick response!  More later after some sleep (It's 0400 local).  ::)

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #87 am: Februar 09, 2009, 15:33 »
Well I would assume that you could also have used the language setting option in the settings tab instead of the ini-editing ;)

I don't understand what is happing with the data in your grid?! Anyone else having problems that there are no tracked levels visible?

Trend is also just working fine on my systems: Are you sure about the selected time ranges?

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #88 am: Februar 10, 2009, 03:52 »
Well I would assume that you could also have used the language setting option in the settings tab instead of the ini-editing ;)

:rotwerd:
Duh!  Sometimes the obvious escapes me!  I restored the SiDiary.ini with sprach=DE, then copied it to the SiDiary6PPC directory on the PDA.  When I selected Language=English there it was!

Zitat
I don't understand what is happing with the data in your grid?! Anyone else having problems that there are no tracked levels visible?

:kratz:
When I select Menu > Display > Datalist SiDiary6 PPC.Net displays a blank page.  There is no data shown with Datalist or Detail logbook].  That may provide a clue.

Zitat
Trend is also just working fine on my systems: Are you sure about the selected time ranges?

Trend
The time range selection for Trend was not easy to determine in German. 

:super: Now with English GUI, Trend does show an appropriate rating with Time Ranges of 2 Weeks through 3 Months.  Trend still displays Question Marks (?) when One Week is selected, even though there is data for the current and prior weeks.

Statistics and Synch Settings
 :balla: I discovered that there is only data for about the last 10 weeks (about Jan 2009) on the PDA.  This does not change when I set Synch to All Data or manually select 01Jan08 or earlier dates to Synch, then refresh the To PC/From PC Synch to the iPAQ.  The Synch shows on the PC and SiDiary6PPC.Net shows slave mode.  However, it seems to update only about 9 or 10 weeks of data, at present 235 values.

I confirmed this viewing Statistics > Line Graph with various date ranges.

By comparison, my SiDiary5PC (and 5PPC.Net) have a total of 2001 (two thousand) values, starting about 28 July  2007.

FYI, I requested all data for the Beta6 1162 Data Migration/Conversion.

BG-Grid > Menu > Data types
Add to translation ToDo list ;)

The Data types selection submenu is still in German.  Neu is boldÄndern and Löschen are grayed out.

:prost: Warm regards,

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #89 am: Februar 11, 2009, 00:57 »
 :prost: SiDiary6 Build 1163 and SiDiary6PPC.Net Build 108

First Impression

New templates, Nutrition data, PPC 1 Day and 1 Week reports, improved Synch!  Wow!  ;D

Synch  :balla:
At first synch, the Nutrition database update stalled.  I disconnected the PPC, closed 6PC 1163 and found that I still had PPC.Net 104 installed.  I copied the new PPC.Net 108 to the PDA.  A new synch completed the Nutrition db update.  Data synch completed, but data was incomplete compared to DAT files in PC 1163.

Changing synch ranges did not fix the issue.  I then manually copied the 6 1163 DAT files to the PDA data directory.  I terminated and restarted PPC.Net 108.  The date ranges now synch properly.

PPC.Net 108  :winner:

Continues to work well.

BG-Grid
Good news!  I now have current and historical data populating BG-Grid.  I did notice that the time fields show only on columns that have data.  The full grid is displayed, just columns with no data have a blank time.  This does not look like an error; more likely the result of an optimal synch, only updating fields as needed.  Correct?

Statistics
1 Day and 1 Week reports appear.  However, translate 1 Tag and 1 Woche for the EN version.  Pie Chart selection 1 Woch reports questionable results. It shows only 1 (one) value during the time range.  Correct response should be 27 according to 6PC 1163.  This error also seems to occur with other graphs with 1 Woch time range selected.

Statistics Reports - All Values date range
Other date ranges display properly.  All Values date range reports No values! for all Graphs tested so far.  There is data from July 2007.

Trend
Trend values display properly for all data ranges, including 1 Day and 1 Week.  The 1 Day and 1 Week time range selections appear in English :) !

Settings
No problems!  Radio buttons at bottom of page now in English, Left-align columns selected.

©
This is OK as well and shows V 6.0.108

SiDiary6PC 1163
New templates look good and are excellent additions.  Should prove very useful!

Visual Basic Errors persist using Word 2007
Word 2007 still gives VB errors Compile error in Module Autonew and AZWizardModul.  BTW, 1163 Templates directory is in the Word 2007 Trust Center as Trusted.

Template Graphic mislabelled  ???
Several of the templates display Weight graph.  This is mislabelled as Insulin Pills.  Alternatively, the Insulin/Pills graph displays Weight.

More later as I work with PC 1163 and PPC.Net 108.

Overall, the updates look fantastic and generally work well.

Warm regards and congratulations on the latest "Zack"!  Well done!

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod