Autor Thema: SiDiary 6 Beta  (Gelesen 6473 mal)

Offline evila

SiDiary 6 Beta
« am: September 09, 2008, 08:45 »
Hi Guys...

Downloaded the Beta, and think it looks visually great....  a couple of issues I've found (which unfortunately make the Beta unusable for me) are:

- When importing my old SiDiary data, I get an error that says:
The following error occured in the function Convert-File:
Overflow(6)

- When trying to import from my meter (Abbot Fresstryle Lite) the software starts downloading the data, and after 50% the program just quits, with no error message and not data loaded.

I hope this helps you improve the software, I think it's a great tool and I'm sure it will be as good or better as the current version

Cheers,

Henry.-

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: SiDiary 6 Beta
« Antwort #1 am: September 09, 2008, 09:23 »
Hi Henry,

it would be great if you could provide us your data files so that we can analize at which point the data migration wizard stops converting the data. And regarding the Freestyle import we could provide a special key for version 5 that will dump the freestyle data of your meter which we could use also fior a debugging session. With both datasets I'm pretty sure that we can elimintae the issues pretty fast. If this would be an option for you, please sent me a personal mail.

Thanks for your help, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #2 am: September 10, 2008, 18:30 »
Hi Henry,

thanks for sending the files!

The most recent download package includes the fix for the reported data migration error.

(Actually it was a remark saved for 15/05/08 which was interpreted as a number to built the file checksum and this "number" exceeds the boundaries...)

I will come back to you with the key for the Freestyle issue by pm...

Thanks, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android

Offline peterfharding

« Antwort #3 am: Mai 07, 2009, 00:30 »
Hi,
I have downloaded version 6 but find that the dat migration tool does not work proerly. It will migrate my profile from v5 but readings do not appear in the diary pages.

I have been using the version 6 since November 2008 and this problem did not occur at that time but apeared in January 2009. I have tried the new versions posted each month since then but each time the migration does not work.

I thouhgt v5 was very good but v6 is such a big improvement that I would really like the migration tool to work properly as I have about 7 months of data to import.

Please help.

Thank you

Peter

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 07, 2009, 08:18 »
Hi Peter,

if possible please forward your data for analysis to SINOVO. Please add some details about the folders where SiDiary V5 is installed on your system and where the data is located. We will debug the migration process with your data and I'm pretty optimistic that we'll find out what's happening...

Thanks, Alf.

Offline stevebir

« Antwort #5 am: Mai 23, 2009, 06:56 »
Just downloaded the SiDiary 6 Beta yesterday.  Been using Windows and PocketPC versions of SiDiary 5 for 18 months now.  I have brought my HB1AC down from 8.1 to a consistent 6.4-6.5 and I'm working on moving it lower.  Much of the credit for this has to go to this great little piece of software.

The convenience of using the PDA and synching the data periodically is wonderful.

My install and data migration from V5 to V6 Beta went pretty well and I really like the extra features in V6 especially the additional data I can now capture.  I was therefore a bit disappointed when I found the PC-PDA synch wasn't working and that the V6 software install for the PDA version wasn't available yet.  However, through perusing the Help files for V5 and V6 I discovered a very simple solution.

Now I continue to use V5 to pick up data from the PDA, (I have Synch turned off on V6 so it doesn't even try).  I use a Statistics/ Export on V5 with Diabass Template to pick up the date range I'm missing on V6. Then when I run V6 it automatically detects the Diabass file and a couple of clicks later it is completely up-to-date.  Really easy!

Any ideas on when the final V6 product will be available - or a Beta of the Pocket PC version?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks.

Steve

Offline Ludwig

• Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
« Antwort #6 am: Mai 23, 2009, 19:35 »
Hello Steve,

There is a Folder named "install" in the package which you downloaded with the V6 Beta Version. This folder contains the mobile-versions of V6. You must only copy the correct files to your ppa and you can start sidiary on the ppa. Further you can sync both v6 versions! (PC and PPA)

regards
Ludwig

SiDiary Win32, SiDiaryPPC,WinXP SP3 oder Win 7 + Firefox 3.5

Als ich ein Bursche von 14 war, verhielt sich mein Vater so überheblich, daß ich es kaum aushalten konnte, mit ihm zusammen zu sein. Als ich 21 wurde, war ich doch erstaunt, was der alte Mann in sieben Jahren dazugelernt hatte! M. Twain

Offline stevebir

« Antwort #7 am: Mai 24, 2009, 09:44 »
 I did see the files there but when I tried to install earlier through the function in the PC version I received an error message that I interpreted as meaning the PPC beta was not ready. 

V6 now installed on PPC and running and synching with PC.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Steve

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #8 am: Mai 25, 2009, 11:06 »
I did see the files there but when I tried to install earlier through the function in the PC version I received an error message that I interpreted as meaning the PPC beta was not ready. 

Yes, that's right. Of course the final version will have such an install-function :zwinker:
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/