Autor Thema: Error while installing  (Gelesen 6025 mal)

Offline KaySee

Error while installing
« am: Februar 04, 2008, 00:52 »
I just downloaded the trial version of SiDiary and during the installation I recieved the following error message:

Init failure of SiDiary-Sys-Componenr. Could not register ActiveX
object: 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

Sync with mobile devices will not worK!

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with UAC active and my current logged in account has administrator access.

Any ideas? What further details do you require?

KaySee.

Offline KaySee

Re: Error while installing
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 04, 2008, 01:06 »
I canceled the error message above I started the program and at the end of the startup wizard I got the following message:

System Error &H80070008 (-2147024888)
KaySee

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 04, 2008, 08:45 »
Hi KaySee,

please make sure that you are using the most recent setup-package from our download site (other sites may have older versions which were not prepared for Vista).

The Error message about the SiDiarySys Components indicates that the setup is incomplete. If you downloaded the package from out site you could also try the repair function (SiDiary should appear in the list of already installed software on your computer).
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline klausing

• Special Member
  • PC-Seelsorger ;)
    • private Homepage
  • Diabetestyp: DM 3
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 05, 2008, 12:46 »
For registering ActiveX components you need admin rights or an acount with this rights. This is why I love Vista  :staun:

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
Re: Error while installing (UAC issues)
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 07, 2008, 21:29 »
 :mauer: I've had  problems with Vista post SP1.  Microsoft has special free support for Vista SP1.

To resolve a problem NOT related to SiDiary (I use 5 and PPC 5) MS Technical Support had me turn off UAC (User Account Control) -- but only because my locally installed firewall and anti-virus applications duplicated the protection of UAC. 

:stern: FYI, I use ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8 (with Anti-virus).  Three or four apparently unrelated problems were resolved by turning off UAC.

:hilfe: It would be worthwhile to contact Microsoft Technical Support for Vista SP1 to get help with this problem.

Of course, YMMV!
 :prost:
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.