Autor Thema: More help please!  (Gelesen 7601 mal)

Offline jenny

More help please!
« am: Mai 06, 2007, 11:43 »
Hi
In the 'Statistics' area when you click on the text screen (where you get the list 'Number of values' ending with 'Number of hypoglycemia') my result for hypo's is always shown as '0/0'.

Is it possible to get it to show how many times one has been hypo? - and would the level for that be any reading under 4.0, or 3.9, or what??????

Thank you!

Jenny

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: More help please!
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 06, 2007, 12:44 »
Hi Jenny,

the hypoglycemia counter counts values, which you've marked as hypo. To mark a hypo you need to add '-' (single minus for a calm hypo feeling) or '--' (double minus for a heavy hypo feeling).

You can track your bg as ususal and then add the minus sign, e.g. '56-' or '44--'. But you don't need to enter an actual bg. You also can track the minus sign(s) only.

Hope this could help?

Greeting
Joerg
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline jenny

« Antwort #2 am: Juni 09, 2007, 19:22 »

sorry Joerg,

Of course, I should have said 'thank you' for your responsebut a month later, I still can't see WHERE to put those minuses - do you manually enter them next to the meter reading? eg 2.7-  or  1.8-- ?

Sorry again to be 'stupid' !

jenny

Offline Adrian

• Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 09, 2007, 22:11 »

(...) but a month later, I still can't see WHERE to put those minuses - do you manually enter them next to the meter reading? eg 2.7-  or  1.8-- ?

Well, as far as I can recall, that's the correct way.
Just try it ;-)

LG|Adrian
Cozmo mit Humalog 

Offline wully

« Antwort #4 am: Juni 10, 2007, 17:40 »
jenny, I entered the "-"s dependant on how bad my hypo felt after the 2.2 or 3.9 & so on, in the stats page i found that after 5 hypo's of which 3 were "--" i had a 5/2 showing i hope this is of some help as i had to try a few times to get them to show? good luck with it........Wully
diabetic for 30years Novorapid/Levemir,Freestyle Mini
keep it real!

Offline wully

« Antwort #5 am: Juni 10, 2007, 17:41 »
sorry shoul read 5/3 must go and check my bg.
keep it real!

Offline jenny

« Antwort #6 am: Juni 16, 2007, 18:55 »
Thank you for your help - again!

So now I have manually entered all my '--' or '-' and even '---' in some cases.

In the last 6 weeks it is showing 169 tests recorded, hypos 3/21  (I suppose I have 21 recorded)

-"-  -"- -"- 4 weeks, 116 tests, hypo 2/12 (I suppose I have 12 recorded)

2 weeks 58 tests, hypos 0/8 (I have had 8)

1 week 29 tests, hypos 0/3 (I have had 3)

I am obviously even more stupid than I ever imagined! - because although I have just about realised the second figure is the number of hypo's I have actually recorded, I really cannot understand what the 3 in front of the 21, or the 2 in front of the 12, means????

As you see I do seem to have quite a few hypos (or does everybody???) - so getting to the bottom of it is very important to me.  

I thought I was 'on the way' to getting it sorted out, by splitting my daily 16u Lantus dose 50/50 night and lunchtime, that gave me hypos about 7-30am so I was being late for work, so hospital said 3 weeks ago, change it to 6 at night and 10 at lunch, that didn't solve it and work weren't at all happy about it, I would have liked to let it run another week or so, then 'tweak' it again, but that left me feeling I had to do something and so I changed it a week ago to 8 morning and 8 before dinner - now I am frequently high, as well as having hypo's - but seems to be more in the evening.  I am trying to balance my Novorapid with that, but my body's requirements don't seem to be following any kind of pattern now so I don't really know what I am doing, with some difficulty I am trying to stay calm* and work out if there's some sort of a trend.  My GP passed me over to a DSN as he wasn't sure; she's very nice and helpful but can only see her inside working hours which is a problem to me at the moment, hospital consultation cut short because lots of people with appointments waiting.... so looks like it's down to me.

*I am having quite a lot of difficulty staying calm at the moment!  Sorry!

Offline jenny

« Antwort #7 am: Juni 16, 2007, 18:55 »

Thank you for your help - again!

So now I have manually entered all my '--' or '-' and even '---' in some cases.

In the last 6 weeks it is showing 169 tests recorded, hypos 3/21  (I suppose I have 21 recorded)

-"-  -"- -"- 4 weeks, 116 tests, hypo 2/12 (I suppose I have 12 recorded)

2 weeks 58 tests, hypos 0/8 (I have had eight)

1 week 29 tests, hypos 0/3 (I have had 3)

I am obviously even more stupid than I ever imagined! - because although I have just about realised the second figure is the number of hypo's I have actually recorded, I really cannot understand what the 3 in front of the 21, or the 2 in front of the 12, means????

As you see I do seem to have quite a few hypos (or does everybody???) - so getting to the bottom of it is very important to me.  

I thought I was 'on the way' to getting it sorted out, by splitting my daily 16u Lantus dose 50/50 night and lunchtime, that gave me hypos about 7-30am so I was being late for work, so hospital said 3 weeks ago, change it to 6 at night and 10 at lunch, that didn't solve it and work weren't at all happy about it, I would have liked to let it run another week or so, then 'tweak' it again, but that left me feeling I had to do something and so I changed it a week ago to 8 morning and 8 before dinner - now I am frequently high, as well as having hypo's - but seems to be more in the evening.  I am trying to balance my Novorapid with that, but my body's requirements don't seem to be following any kind of pattern now so I don't really know what I am doing, with some difficulty I am trying to stay calm* and work out if there's some sort of a trend.  My GP passed me over to a DSN as he wasn't sure; she's very nice and helpful but can only see her inside working hours which is a problem to me at the moment, hospital consultation cut short because lots of people with appointments waiting.... so looks like it's down to me.

*I am having quite a lot of difficulty staying calm at the moment!  Sorry!

Offline wully

« Antwort #8 am: Juni 16, 2007, 20:50 »
jenny

as far as I'm aware the hypo scale should be "1-=slight hypo" and "2--= strong HYPO" I dont know if the "3x---" you entered would be recorded but the 2 /12 would mean 12 strong hypos and 2 slight hypos, I was told that a hypo at night meant that you had to reduce my night lantus by 2 units straight away and watch it for 2 days to see the results before doing anything else with it I dont know if this is of any help, but keep trying you'll get there I'm sure,
good luck with it!!!!
sorry should have said that after an early hypo i.e & reducing night lantus you should do a 3:00am blood test sounds like torture to get up at that time but for peice of mind it helped me no end.
good luck again
Wully
keep it real!

Offline jenny

« Antwort #9 am: Juni 16, 2007, 23:06 »
Wully

Thanks!

as far as I'm aware the hypo scale should be "1-=slight hypo" and "2--= strong HYPO"

Well I just thought, I'd see if SiDiary let me do that, and it did - but will manually check later to see if it has 'counted' it correctly.  I know little scientifically about hypo's - for instance I know that anything under 4 is hypo but I haven't counted 3.9 as hypo, just everything under 3.9.  So I used 3.0 - 3.8 as "-" ; then 2.5 - 2.9 as "--" and anything 2.4 or under, as "---".  I usually don't even know about it AT ALL until I am below c.3.5 - when I might start wondering and test!  I often start to treat the hypo before I test; I judge that to be more urgent than extablishing the actual meter reading!

sorry should have said that after an early hypo i.e & reducing night lantus you should do a 3:00am blood test sounds like torture to get up at that time but for peice of mind it helped me no end.

Well this is tricky as what happens is, I wake up with the alarm clock (I could sleep for England sometimes!) then feel groggy as I stagger to the toilet, but that could either be sleep or BS, it's only when I stand up again that my body actually tells me which is which.  Then I test my blood.  (Maybe it would be more sensible to leave my meter in the loo, and do both things simultaneously?)  So I don't know what actually wakes me those days - is it the alarm clock, the hypo, or my bladder!!

And is my blood sugar on the way UP, or on the way DOWN? - I've never wanted to risk waiting another 10 minutes to find out!

And although Lantus is not supposed to 'peak', it's not supposed to last less than 24 hrs either, according to the manufacturers.  And since it does not last me 24 hours (but I do not know how exactly how long it does last), what is to say it does not also 'peak'?  and how will I know if that happens?

So should I carry on for a bit and see if it improves, or go back to the lunchtime/night regime - and if I only have 4 at night, I guess I leave lunchtime as 10?

I really feel annoyed at having to ask such questions on internet forums, but it seems I have no other choice!

Thanks
Jenny