Autor Thema: Driver question if I may  (Gelesen 3337 mal)

Offline Denny

Driver question if I may
« am: April 27, 2007, 17:14 »
I want to purchase SiDiary to use with my Onetouch Ultrasmart meter.
I am using the trial version and everything works very well.
I have the USB Driver and Cable that came with my meter software.
My question is this:
Do I need to purchase the optional Driver from SiDiary to use my meter after I register the program? Or, will my Driver work that came with the cable from OneTouch?

Thank you again,
Denny

Offline Adrian

• Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Driver question if I may
« Antwort #1 am: April 27, 2007, 18:37 »
Hello Denny,

As far as I know (im just a user)

the driver that came with the cable will just make the computer capable of "talking" to the OTUS. You still need another routine, driver, ... whatever it is called... to read and "understand" the data that comes from the meter.

The SiDiary Suite can read all currently supported meters (https://www.sinovo.net/sidiary-supported-meters-140.asp?IDSprache=2&idMenu=3).
If you just need the Windows-Version and the capability ("driver") for reading your OTUS, the "Single PC-Version with one meter driver" would be cheaper.

IN SHORT:
If you just buy the Single-PC-Version: Yes, you still need tu purchase the Driver from SiDiary, but it isn't that expensive.
(https://www.sinovo.net/?id=284&idMenu=5)

LG|Adrian
Cozmo mit Humalog 

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Driver question if I may
« Antwort #2 am: April 30, 2007, 08:29 »
Hi Denny,

Adrian has already explained the key fact very well! The original driver from Lifescan is just encapsulating the usb-cable into a virtual com-port on your system. The SiDiary driver will translate the Lifescan meter language into SiDiary's language... :)
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit