Autor Thema: Possibility for activity level logging in SiDiary  (Gelesen 3125 mal)

Offline maxitout

Possibility for activity level logging in SiDiary
« am: April 24, 2007, 20:22 »
Hello,

I wish to compliment those responsible for development and deployment of SiDiary. It is a very sophisticated application and really helps me to monitor and control my diabetes.

In diabetes management it is important to consider the level of daily activity. I have started using a small pedometer device called the HJ-720ITC, by Omron Healthcare. They offer this description: http://www.omronhealthcare.com/enTouchCMS/app/viewDocument?docID=4101&parntCatgId=22

Importantly, that pedometer device can record these items on a daily basis: steps, aerobic steps & minutes, Kcal & amount of fat burned, distance. The meter stores up to 41 days of data (displaying up to 7), and the data may be offloaded to a PC via a USB cable.

My question: Might there be any plans for SiDiary to handle such exercise data? I believe that if the PC SiDiary software could incorporate the offloaded exercise data from the HJ-720ITC (or a similar device) the user could see a relationship between their blood glucose levels and insulin intake and exercise. Also, if that data were also combined with good caloric intake values one might even have a means to properly assess/predict near-future blood glucose levels.

Sorry if I've rambled, but it does seem that if we can attempt to automate the collection of data for all variables affecting proper diabetes control, then we will be able to not only track our progress better (and accurately see how each factor affects the overall glycemic equilibrium) but perhaps we could even predict imminent glucose levels with some certainty...a good safety precaution.

Maybe there is some way that such pedometer data could be incorporated into the SiDiary output on the PC. If my posting can generate a clarifying response I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Maxitout

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Possibility for activity level logging in SiDiary
« Antwort #1 am: April 25, 2007, 08:58 »
Hi Maxitout,

we already had contact with OMRON regarding driver development some time ago but your post was a good reminder to follow-up at OMRON.

We just need the data specification from the manufacturers and of course we will provide such drivers. So let's see how OMRON thinks about that we currently have just included their competitors with SiDiary... ;)
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit