Autor Thema: Sometimes fails to save values  (Gelesen 4219 mal)

Offline robin

Sometimes fails to save values
« am: Oktober 12, 2004, 22:46 »
I have just recently started using SiDiary on my new Dell Axim and find it much better than GlucoPilot that I used to use, especially the price.  :)

But sometimes when I reopen the app it seems to have forgotten the last one or two BG entries that I had filled in. Is there a specific way that I should be closing it down to ensure that the data is saved?

Also is is possible to sync with the desktop version of the program for printing out my data?

Thanks

Robin

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Sometimes fails to save values
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 13, 2004, 10:57 »
Hi Robin,

welcome to the show... :winke:

Of course you can use the Windows-version of SiDiary and sync data from each device to another! You just have to set-up the data exchange folder at the settings tab of the win-client...
You can read a bit more detailed here: http://www.sidiary.org/sidiary/en/faq.asp#FAQ_Sync and of course much more detailed in the English manual...

Regarding storage of data: SiDiary saves automatically the data on every tab switch, i.e. when you've entered new data to the bg grid overview and go to the statistic to see what has changed - the data was saved on the switch.
Additionally you can save the data entered by the appropriate button on the bg screen which would make sense for the following scenario:
From time to time I'm losing data too, when I must reset my device (I have to do this sometimes for my GPS-receiver... :( ) and haven't saved the data (or switched to another tab). Same procedure on "killing" SiDiary with a Task-Manager (either the built-in or an additional tool like PocketNav or WisBar Advanced or...) - then the data will go also... :(

HTH, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline robin

« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 13, 2004, 14:26 »
I think that the problem is me closing the program straight after entering the numbers using Wisbar without switching tabs or hitting the save button then.

I'll have to have a bit of a play with the PC version again tonight then and see if I can get it to work with the active sync.

Thanks for you help

Robin

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 13, 2004, 18:14 »
I think that the problem is me closing the program straight after entering the numbers using Wisbar without switching tabs or hitting the save button then.

This was my fault at the beginning too. It's a simple question of habituation. Now every time I've made a new entry I hit the Save-Button and everythin is fine.

And I don't close SiDiary, because it's the most important tool on my PDA and every other tool works very well with SiDiary in the background.

Just my 2 cent
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/