Autor Thema: Sony Ericsson K800i Question  (Gelesen 3047 mal)

Offline carlitowebb

Sony Ericsson K800i Question
« am: November 01, 2006, 16:56 »
I've been using SiDiary on both my pc and iPaq5550 (see previous posts under my name). However, this morning my ipaq is completely dead!!!  ??? I can't afford a new ppc for a while - so can I run SiDiary on my K800i using java??

I've tried all the HP suggestions for getting my 5550 up and running but no good - so I sadly have to say goodbye to that and ALL the information that was on it, SiDairy and TomTom!!

If you could let me know, and if it's possible - is the install in the normal download file??

Regards
Carlitowbb

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Sony Ericsson K800i Question
« Antwort #1 am: November 01, 2006, 21:51 »
Hi,

ouch!  :mauer: If my smartphone would crash I would lose my life (ok my electronic life ;) )

Regarding the K800i: You need to check if it will support the sync mechanism but I'm optimistic that at least one of the three possible ways for sending the data will work on this device... (of course Java devices are not covered by ActiveSync)

The installation that you have on your desktop does also contain the java mobile version. You can find it in \program files\SINOVO\SiDIary\Install\Java Mobile\

This folder contains the both java files and also short manuals for installation and sync questions...

Hope it works!

DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline carlitowebb

« Antwort #2 am: November 03, 2006, 12:12 »
 :patsch: Yes - firstly my PDA having died like this has left me without a lot of information - most I have on my laptop but not all....!

I've installed SiDiary on the K800i, installation is fine - no problems.  I've tried to sync data from the pc to the phone (last 4 weeks). Set SiDiary on the laptop to "SiDiary Java Mobile Phone", time range is last 4 weeks and allowed SiDiary to automatically scan the ports.

On the K800i, Menu > Navigation > Maintenanance > BT Synchronisation > Direction "from pc". When selecting ok and export on the laptop the K800i searches and then reports "too many devices"...!! Even when my laptop is the only BT device available!!

I know it was a longshot, but if you have any ideas? Maybe i'll just have to save for a Dell Axim V50x.

thanks

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: November 03, 2006, 12:29 »
Hi Carl,

well I've currently no idea, how to deal with this issue but I've dropped Patrik a line, perhaps he has some suggestions...

Did you try one of the other sync types from the cellphone to PC so that you are at least able to track your data on the mobile and send it to the PC?

DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit