Autor Thema: Problem with Software update  (Gelesen 3946 mal)

Offline AndyW

Problem with Software update
« am: Oktober 11, 2006, 21:18 »
I just downloaded the SiDiaryV5 update which I have done many times before and ran the Update_SiDiary.  Unfortunately, when I restarted the SiDiary program on Windows, a window popped up stating "Tjis version of SiSiary needs the addidtional application component SiDiarySmartSync, which isn't installed properly on your system.  SiDiary can not synchronize data with mobile devices! ..."  Needless to say, I can no longer synchronize with my Pocket PC (this function was working right up to the update.

I cannot find an immediate way to get this working again since attempts to re-install SiDiary on the mobild device have also failed.

AndyW

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: Problem with Software update
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 11, 2006, 21:57 »
I assume, that you have MS ActiveSync installed properly?

Then try to register SiDiarySmartSync.dll manually. Open a DOS-Prompt and enter the commandline:

regsvr32 C:\Program Files\SINOVO\SiDiary\Bin\SiDiarySmartSync.dll
Then a message-box should pop up which tells you, that this files was registered successfully.
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline AndyW

« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 11, 2006, 23:11 »
I got the message "LoadLibrary(C:\Program") failed -The specified module could not be found."  I suspect this may be because spaces might not be recognized in command lines from the DOS Prompt.  I tried using an underscore in place of the space, but that sdid not work, either.  The .dll file is located where you suggested.

ActiveSync 4.2.0 is installed and working for everything else (it worked for this up until I ran the update).

Thanks

Offline unknown

• Special Member
  • siehe Bild
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 11, 2006, 23:28 »
Hello AndyW,

could you try

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\SINOVO\SiDiary\Bin\SiDiarySmartSync.dll"

We need " because the path contains a space.

Regards

Norbert

Offline AndyW

« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 11, 2006, 23:41 »
That worked like a charm -thanks.  My problem is that I am old enough to remember the dark days of DOS and all of the problems that went with it, and also old enough to have forgotten the solutions.

Thanks again

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 12, 2006, 08:26 »
Hi Andy,

sorry for this trouble!! There was actually the same problem within the update-tool just like you have encountered on the DOS prompt: The Updater also calls the regsvr32 tool with the dll name and this failed for folder names including blanks.
Since the updater calls regsvr32.exe with /s you didn't see the message that the registration failed during the update since /s means silentmode ;)

I've fixed this problem and the current update package on the server should work well now!

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit