Autor Thema: 2 questions  (Gelesen 4388 mal)

Offline RickJ

2 questions
« am: Juni 23, 2006, 21:44 »
Hi All!

Newlly diagnosed Type 2 - newbie at the program but think it will help with controlling my Carb intake and finding th eproblem foods for me.

First, can the Nution Database be downloaded into my PPC.  this is where I'll normally be keeping all my stats and food intake.  So rather than edit the nutions on my PC and then synching, I'd rather do it at the time I'm eating espeicially while I' eating out.

Second, I am using th efreestyle Flash meter, wen I first synch it with the PPC will SIDiary download the entire history in the meters memory, or will I have to enter historical data manually?

Thanks,

Rick

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: 2 questions
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 23, 2006, 22:01 »
Hi Rick,

welcome in the show... ;)

A) No, unfortunately you cannot not edit the nutrition data on all mobile devices, just on the PC... :-\

B) Yes, the meter import will read all blood glucose levels that are in your meter's memory and after the next sync with your PPC you will have them on your mobile device too! :)

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline RickJ

« Antwort #2 am: Juni 23, 2006, 23:02 »
Alf --

Thanks for the quick reply.  Maybe adding in a nutrition DB (travelling one?)would be worth it for those traveling and having the PPC as their main source.  At least for the original set-up.  Oherwise, looks like a great program from my limited use so far.  I've also heard that it takes a while to get a meter synch cable from the manufacturer.  How long would shipping be on yours to ILLinois, USA?  Looking to get registered tonight when I get home from work.

Regards,

Rick

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 23, 2006, 23:37 »
Hi Rick,

we will consider editing the nutritions on PPCs for a future version.

In Germany the original Freestyle cable is available in many online-shops. SINOVO is not selling the cables to the US, sorry. But there should be some diabetes online shops in USA with convenient shipping times too?!
http://www.diabeteshealthconnection.com/products/monitors/freestyle/orderonline.aspx

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline Adrian

• Special Member
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 24, 2006, 13:33 »
Hello Rick.

There is a possibility to sync the Database to the PPC version.
I think you just have to copy the Nutrition.dat to the "Sidiary" - data folder on your PPC or use the sync-tool of SiDiary.

You just can't modify the Database on your PPC but using it is no problem.

LG|Adrian
Cozmo mit Humalog 

Offline mjlaris

« Antwort #5 am: Juni 30, 2006, 20:49 »
Rick, I also use the Freestyle Flash meter and when I ordered the cable from the manufacturer it arrives in just a few days (to Ohio).

Mark