Autor Thema: Backup Directory  (Gelesen 3089 mal)

Offline mjlaris

Backup Directory
« am: Juni 05, 2006, 18:50 »
Is it possible to specify a directory where the backup data files are automatically placed?  Currently this directory is under the same directory in which SiDiary is installed but I'd like to specify a directory on another drive.  This way is there is a hard drive failure, at lease one set of data should survive. 

Mark

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Backup Directory
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 06, 2006, 11:12 »
Hi Mark,

sorry, unfortunately there's no additional (hidden) key to specify another Backup-Folder than the one in the data-folder. I'm using a small backup-tool which is copying my specified resources every day at 12:00 o'clock, including the data and backup-folder.

The automated backup from the sync and meter import should not help in case of a hard disk crash but in case of trouble with data loss during the sync - so that's just another purpose of backup.

We have built a comparable backup function like the one you are looking for but it's part of the USB-Stick Plug&Play-version only: There you can specify a folder (for each PC, the stick is plugged into) for backups and how many daily backups SiDiary will keep there...

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline mjlaris

Re: Backup Directory
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 07, 2006, 16:04 »
No problem, I'll just copy the backup directory manually every once in a while.  My only reason for asking is that I just experienced a disk crash but was able to restore the data to my PC from my PPC.  Thanks anyway,

Mark