Autor Thema: Understanding Basal and Bolus  (Gelesen 3065 mal)

Offline wuzisname

Understanding Basal and Bolus
« am: Januar 26, 2006, 03:23 »
Hello everyone!  I just agreed to something and I have no idea what I was reading, I think it was german and so I agreed.  I hope i didn't sign up for the army or something   :kratz:

I have been a type 2 diabetic for about 6 years and i have never heard of Basal and Bolus.  I take 2 glipizide pills each day as well as 20 units NPH in the morning and 8 units before bed.  I also take Fast acting insulin as needed.  How would I record my insulin using this Basal and Bolus method?

Thank you,

Danny

Offline Andi

• Android-Smartphone-Fan
  • Special Member
  • Oben ohne find ich gut
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
Re: Understanding Basal and Bolus
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 26, 2006, 06:39 »
Hi Danny :hallo:

Hello everyone!  I just agreed to something and I have no idea what I was reading, I think it was german and so I agreed.  I hope i didn't sign up for the army or something   :kratz:

I try to explain in my poor english :ja:

I have been a type 2 diabetic for about 6 years and i have never heard of Basal and Bolus.  I take 2 glipizide pills each day as well as 20 units NPH in the morning and 8 units before bed.  I also take Fast acting insulin as needed.  How would I record my insulin using this Basal and Bolus method?

Basal and Bolus ar two different types of Insulin. :ja:
Your Insulin "NPH" is a type of Basal, because it is used for the basic level to reach a normal Glucose level (without food).
The type of Bolus Insulin is for using as your "fast acting" Insulin.

I'm a type-2-diabetic too. But i don't use Basal- Insulin. It's not required at this time. Perhaps later in the future :gruebeln:
But for any Carbos, that i eat, i must use Bolus-Insulin (fast acting) named "Humalog Lispro" from Lilly.

I hope this helps :kratz:

Andi
.                                                       ,---> SiDiary ==> Bericht ist für den DOC
FSL3 ---> JugGluco ---> xDrip ---{
                                                        `---> GARMIN Fenix6PRO ==> BZ Live ist für mich! ;D

Offline wuzisname

« Antwort #2 am: Januar 26, 2006, 14:29 »
Thank you very much Andi!   :banane:

I understand.

Danny

Offline Andi

• Android-Smartphone-Fan
  • Special Member
  • Oben ohne find ich gut
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 26, 2006, 14:43 »
 ;D :super:
.                                                       ,---> SiDiary ==> Bericht ist für den DOC
FSL3 ---> JugGluco ---> xDrip ---{
                                                        `---> GARMIN Fenix6PRO ==> BZ Live ist für mich! ;D