Autor Thema: Error when installing on i-mate SP5  (Gelesen 3023 mal)

Offline ivogalea

Error when installing on i-mate SP5
« am: November 12, 2005, 08:55 »
I have just procured the an i-mate SP5 smartphone and I am encountering problems when installing to this device.  When I choose Install siDiay on Mobile Device and select Smartphone with Windows Operating System, I get an error stating:  The following error occured while synchronizing data: Could not open file "storage\SiDiarySmp.ARMV4.cab' for write accesson mobile device: 30.  Hence I cannot install the application on my device.

On the screen I get a notice Your mobile device was detected to be a PPC V.5.1.  What can I do to correct the error?

I want to install the application on the storage card.  There is no folder called storage but there is a folder called storage card.

Offline LordBritish

• Global Moderator
  • Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: Error when installing on i-mate SP5
« Antwort #1 am: November 12, 2005, 09:19 »
I´m not sure but I think it was a Windows mobile 5 Device - is it right  :kratz:
The current version from SiDiary will not work on Windows mobile 5 Devices...
but there is a version for those devices in work.

Lord

Offline ivogalea

« Antwort #2 am: November 12, 2005, 11:19 »
Yes it is Windows Mobile 5.

I have just procured the application specifically for my new device but alas I have to wait for the new production to be made available

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: November 15, 2005, 13:32 »
Hi Ivogalea,

well you can install the Smartphone version on your imate Smartphone since the Smartphone version is actually WM5 ready!
(Just the current PPC-version is just running with some constraints on WM5 devices...that's what LordBritish was talking about).

So please check with the Windows Exporer the SiDiary sub-folder "install\Smartphone" this includes all that you need to install the app directly to your phone! (There's a short readme-file too!).

Actually you just need to copy the cab-file to your mobile and execute it within the Pocket Explorer. Then copy the Exe to the folder on your mobile and repeat this with the language files that you want to use.

Unfortunately the installation screen has some constraints: I have received my brandew smartphone last week Thursday and I wasn't able to install it on my first attempt (but I haven't configured the ActiveSync connection, which was still asking for some details). After having configured ActiveSync4.0 I was able to install the device and now I'm using my log book with my smartphone again!  :banane:

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit