Autor Thema: PC Build 1225/PNP doesn't complete launch after Update  (Gelesen 8538 mal)

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
PC Build 1225/PNP doesn't complete launch after Update
« am: September 11, 2010, 05:00 »
  :hilfe:

I just downloaded the build 1225 and installed it on both my PC update main drive and the USB Stick PNP. (I primarily use PNP or SDO on my Blackberry.)

Both updates installed fine and reported creating backup file. Unfortunately - as it turns out - I then deleted the prior Build 1224 update file.

:schock:
To my dismay, when I launched SiDiaryPNP 1225, sthe application splash screens appear, but the logbook does not open, and there is no SiDiary6 icon in the system tray.

:compi:
As a troubleshooting step, I rebooted the PC, but launching PNP still had the same problem.  I then stopped and ejected the USB stick.  After I reinserted the stick, launching PNP showed no improvement. I tried Recovery, but the action button was grayed out not available. (Only SiDiaryPNP is on the USB stick.)

:balla:
I copied Recovery.exe to the PC's SiDiary6 directory. When I ran Recovery there and selected the stick drive letter, Recovery could not find a backup. Recovery was not possible.

:nixweiss:
SiDiary6 PC 1225 on the hard drive did launch. However, my existing profile did not show, only Demo User. PC SiDiary6 1225 was running in Adware mode. I did not complete the startup wizard yet because I wanted to post the issue here first.

:kratz:
Prior updates 1224, 1223, etc., and updated the stick with no issues , So I wassurprised to find that it did not work this time. My PC configuration has not changed.

I will review my notes, then use PC Build 1225 to activate my license. When working I'll create that iw reformat the USB stick and SiDiary6 1225 PNP.

:preisen:
I'd appreciate any ideas you may have on this. I'm puzzled. I'll post my result here and profess.

Thanks in advance, and warm regards awlays ,

John
« Letzte Änderung: September 11, 2010, 05:24 von jlconrod »
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

Re: PC Build 1225/PNP doesn't complete launch after Update Post 2
« Antwort #1 am: September 11, 2010, 06:39 »
 :gruebeln:
FYI, I located the Backup created by the 1225 Update on Drive C.  I then copied the files and directories in the 1224 Backup to the USB Stick.

:ja:
After restoring the backup files PNP launched without problem, and opened my profile and data as Build 1224.

:zusehen:
I won't attempt running the 1225 Update until you've had a chance to review the issue and respond.

Hope this info is helpful. At least I can continue using 1224 PNP in the interim.

Warm regards,

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: PC Build 1225/PNP doesn't complete launch after Update
« Antwort #2 am: September 13, 2010, 11:08 »
Hi John,

as written by mail: we guess that this may be a problem with SiDiary6.exe.manifest.

The best way to examine would be to have an old and an updated .manifest file. After an update the old one can be found in the Update-Backup folder.

Maybe you could send us these two files (rename it in 'old' and 'new' or so...)

If you delete the .manifest SiDiary still starts; it's a file to enhance the graphical interface in some details only...

Kind regards
Joerg
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #3 am: September 14, 2010, 23:37 »
Hi John,

as written by mail: we guess that this may be a problem with SiDiary6.exe.manifest.

The best way to examine would be to have an old and an updated .manifest file. After an update the old one can be found in the Update-Backup folder.

Maybe you could send us these two files (rename it in 'old' and 'new' or so...)

If you delete the .manifest SiDiary still starts; it's a file to enhance the graphical interface in some details only...

Kind regards
Joerg
Hi Jöerg,

I'll send the manifest files in an e-mail.  Thanks for the clarification and suggestions!

Warm personal regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #4 am: September 15, 2010, 10:37 »
Thank you John, they have arrived, so Alf could examine them :super:

Kind regards
Joerg