Autor Thema: SiDiary V6 Beta En  (Gelesen 43013 mal)

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
Re: SiDiary V6 Beta En
« Antwort #100 am: Februar 21, 2009, 21:49 »
V6 1165 SmartSync and Vista Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 ActiveSync conflict

Two files that affect SmartSync and Windows Sync

I discovered the two specific files that cause SmartSync to hang on update when they exist in Windows Sync.

Actually there are several files related to the SmartSync hang.

Zitat
Here is the Windows Mobile Device Center menu tree to the files:

Mobile Device Settings > Change Content Sync Settings > Files Sync Settings
\SiDiary6PPC\Changed Copy of SiDiaryProfile.dat  > Delete
and
\Sidiary6PPC\Nutrition.dat > Delete

Sometimes I also have to delete these additional files also:

Producer.dat
SiDiaryDatecurrent month.dat
Profile.dat

I am not sure, but these files may also need to be deleted:

Type.dat
SiDiaryUDT.dat

Zitat
MS ActiveSync updates after each file is deleted from the File Sync List.

Next, I ran SmartSync . When SmartSync completes the PPC.Net 110 Detailed Logbook page update succeeds.

A little complicated to document, but an easy process. 

Well, it turns out that the hit or miss process is not so easy.  :staun:

Warm regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #101 am: Februar 25, 2009, 21:29 »
UAC Issue? ???

After reading Alf's 'Blog from DLL-Hell' it occurs to me that the issues I experience with SmartSync and WM Device Center 6.1 ActiveSync may well be related to Vista UAC issues.  In the meanwhile, I continue to use my 'delete files from File Sync' to allow V6PC 1165 to successfully SmartSync with V6PPC.Net 110.

Joerg, you can add Vista Home Premium MCE with SP1 to your Cross Platform list.  (Just be sure to add the  :mauer: asterisk to Vista Home Premium MCE!) Vista MCE =  :kreisch:

Warm regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #102 am: Februar 26, 2009, 16:34 »
Joerg, you can add Vista Home Premium MCE with SP1 to your Cross Platform list.  (Just be sure to add the  :mauer: asterisk to Vista Home Premium MCE!) Vista MCE =  :kreisch:

I guess that's not necessary:
Zitat
But with Windows Vista, Windows Media Center is no longer a separate edition but simply integrated within the Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate editions.
From: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/media-center.aspx

:zwinker:
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline BJK-1903

« Antwort #103 am: März 01, 2009, 09:44 »

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #104 am: März 01, 2009, 11:43 »
The new package with extended beta expiry is up on the server.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR Windows XP!!!: The SiDiary-Folder has moved!
If you want to use your already existing beta6-data on Windows XP AND the configuration for data-folder "only the current windows user" needs to copy the folder C:\documents and settings\{User}\Local settings\application data\SiDiary\ to the new folder c:\documents and settings\{User}\My Documents\SiDiary\
« Letzte Änderung: März 03, 2009, 13:13 von Alf »
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #105 am: März 02, 2009, 00:15 »
Now running V6PC 1166 and V6PPC.Net 111 on Vista Home Premium SP1

My download link for V6 Beta was buried deep in my Favorites folder, but fortunately I found it, then downloaded from the saved Favorite. 

:hilfe: If the Beta extends to more builds, it would be helpful to post the link to the download page on the Beta 6 and Beta 6 EN forums.  That would also help the confusion with newer Beta Testers when the end of month expiry occurs.  That would also allow reading the changelog for the current build number and update notes.

SmartSync error
 :kratz: The first SmartSync gave the missing Nutrition.dat error.  I then tried the workaround method of deleting Nutrition.dat and other files from Windows Mobile Device Center Sync files.  However, with PC 1166 and PPC.Net 111, the data still did not update on the PDA.

I finally used SmartSync > Details to delete the PDA device hx2495b from SmartSync.  After a refresh, SmartSync again found the hx2495b.  I selected the PDA and set the details to Sync To and From the PC.  I closed details, then click the sync icon at the bottom right of PC 1166.  SmartSync then completed and updated the PPC.Net device.

SmartSync 'Searching for changes...' without completing
 :knatschig: A couple times SmartSync has appeared to stall.  A window shows hx2495, the PDA image, the rotating ring and Searching for changes...  However, V6PPC.Net 111 does not show Slave mode on the PDA, and the sync does not complete.  I have to close SmartSync settings or details to close the SmartSync update window.

I will post more after testing further.

Warm regards

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #106 am: März 02, 2009, 08:26 »
John,

due to the great load that the changes for all drivers has produced we didn't fix the pending issues for the nutrition problem nor the PPC/SMP issues. We will work on that this week!
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #107 am: März 02, 2009, 08:37 »
John,

due to the great load that the changes for all drivers has produced we didn't fix the pending issues for the nutrition problem nor the PPC/SMP issues. We will work on that this week!

8) Thanks for the clarification, Alf.  The amount of work to update all meter drivers in this *Zack* must have been enormous!  I'm not concerned, just wanted to continue to post issues as I work with each build.

:knuddel: As the Aussies say, "No worries".

Warm personal regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #108 am: März 08, 2009, 00:05 »
v6PC 1167 and v6PPC.Net 112

Following the advisory in the 1167 ZIP, I deleted the old V6 Data from the data store on the HP iPAQ hx2495b WM6 PocketPC PDA. 

:staun: Initial SmartSync was problematic and the Sync progress window just ran but did not complete.  I'm not sure if this Sync status window is from SmartSync or Windows Mobile Sync because the sync progress windows are identical for both pipes.

Both Windows Mobile (WM) Sync and SmartSync launch very quickly on my PC, I thought either sync module may have populated data on the PDA too soon so that data conversion did not have time to launch or complete.

Therefore, I undocked the PDA, then deleted the hx2495b from SmartSync details.  I terminated PPC.Net 112 on the PDA.  I next deleted all data from the PDA offline using PocketPC File Explorer.

I next docked the PDA.  When the PDA was connected by USB, PC 1167 SmartSync rediscovered the hx2495b.  I set SmartSync details to sync the last two months of data To PC and From PC.  I also unchecked Sync on Program Start, and checked Sync on Terminate and Permanent Sync.

This synch did complete and PPC.Net 112 displayed current detailed logbook data on the PDA which matched detailed logbook on the PC 1167.

I then changed SmartSync details to Sync All Data.  SmartSync completed, although with the Nutrition.dat error.  Nevertheless, all data was synced to PPC.Net 112.

New detailed Logbook entry in PC 1167 not synced to PPC.Net 112
Nutrition.dat error persists:  With the PDA still docked to the PC, I entered a new BG, Bolus and Basal entry in PC 1167 detailed Logbook.  SmartSync manual sync showed a sync progress window. 

>:( After a few seconds the detail Logbook screen on the PDA PC.Net 112 displayed Slave Mode.  The sync progress window reported Nutrition.dat missing error and the PDA detail Logbook 112 did not show the update. 

Windows Mobile File Explorer browsed to PDA \My Documents\SiDiary6PPC\ confirmed that Nutrition.dat does exist on the PDA.  Windows Explorer on the PC showed that Nutrition.dat does exist on the PC's SiDiary6 Data directory.

This may well be related to Vista UAC and possibly some conflict between the sync "data pipes" between Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 and SmartSync.

Work-Around of Manually deleting .DAT files from PDA using Windows Mobile Device Center not always successful.
With PC/1166 PPC.Net/111 and earlier, I could usually delete selected .DAT files from the PDA data store, then SmartSync successfully after a new Logbook entry.  This would work whether I used PC based browse to the data store on the PDA or manually deleting the files using PocketPC File Explorer on the PDA.  I could also selectively delete .DAT files from the Windows Mobile File Sync in WM Device Center 6.1.

??? With PC 1167 to PPC.Net 112, this method is not effective.  What seems to work best is to work through SmartSync using the Globe icon.  I need to select the hx2495b then go to Details.  I uncheck all boxes, then delete the hx2945b from SmartSync and immediately undock the PDA.  I then can terminate PC 1167, redock the PDA, and use WM6.1 File Explorer to delete ALL files from the PDA SiDiary6PPC data store.  Alternatively, I can use the slower but identical method of using PocketPC File Explorer to delete ALL files from the \My Documents\SiDiary6PPC data store.  (Obviously this is two methods that are functionally identical to browse to the data store on the hx2495b.

:kotz:  I then launch PC 1167 and redock the hx2495b.  When WM Device Center 6.1 connects to the PDA, in PC 1167 detail Logbook, I use the Globe symbol to open SmartSync settings.  I select the rediscovered hx2495b.  In SmartSync Details I check the device, To PC and From PC boxes, and time range of All Data.  I close Details, then SmartSync.  The PPC.Net 112 screen changes to Slave Mode after a few seconds, and the sync finally succeeds.

:hilfe: This workaround seems the most effective for the moment, but the process is painfully tedious.

Alf, under PC 1167 I also found a couple of data entries that seemed to be duplicated or placed in the wrong date.  I did not see this with 1166, so need to manually review Memory on my BG meter and compare that with the V6PC Detail Logbook.  Could be a 'Duh!' on my part, but I will post whatever I find from the Meter > Logbook comparison in a separate note.

:rotwerd:  I admit that I have been so pleased with v6 progress, that I have not updated my v5 data for a couple of weeks! As a retired tech "pro" and person with DM for almost 40 years, it is important to keep accurate records and to backup backup backup.  However, at this moment it would take some time to bring v5 up to date.

Joerg, I've also looked at the newest Templates, and they look good.  For clarity I will post those comments separately.

Warm regards to all,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #109 am: März 30, 2009, 05:39 »
SiDiaryBeta6 PC En Build 1171 and PPC Build 114

:mauer: My system required another System Recovery and update to Vista Home Premium SP1.  This time the PC seems stable after WindowsUpdates to SP1 and beyond.

After WindowsUpdates were current and important applications were reinstalled, I extracted PC Build 1168 to C:\Temp\SiDiaryBeta6.  Update Check reported Buiild 1171 which I downloaded.  I then used WinZIP 12 Pro to extract all files and folders in archive with overwrite to C:\Temp\SiDiaryBeta6.

I have previously found that UAC prevents extracting files to \Program Files, so have been using a Temp directory for these Beta tests.

SiDiaryWP.exe not responding error -- Vista SP1 UAC related?
 :nein: When I launched SiDiary6.exe Build 1171 using an Administrator-equivalent login on Vista Home Premium SP1, the main screen opened but I immediately received a Windows error that SiDiaryWP.exe stopped responding. 

I selected the error box Close program button and and the error box window closed, although SiDiary6 remained open.  However, when navigating through the Start Wizard, each selection brought another SIDiaryWP error.

Selecting Cancel in the Windows error box immediately produced another SiDiaryWP.exe stopped responding error.

:knatschig: I suspected Vista UAC issues.  I next tried using Run as Administrator to launch SiDiary6.exe.  The SiDiaryWP.exe not responding error still occurred.

I then set File level Security of SiDiary6.exe to Full Control for authenticated Users and flagged the file Run as Adminstrator.  This setting reduced SiDiaryWP not responding errors but not eliminated.

I set File Security for SiDiaryWP.exe to Full Control and Run as Adminstrator.

If I launch SiDiary6exe from a shortcut, even using Run as Adminstrator, the SiDiaryWP.exe error still occures.

;D If I open an Explorer window to C:\Temp\SiDiaryBeta6 and launch SiDiary6.exe using Run as Adminstrator, the program works perfectly!  No SiDiaryWP.exe errors.

I hope this is clear and helpful.

Regards, John

Warm regards,

John Conrod