Autor Thema: SiDiary V6 Beta En  (Gelesen 42582 mal)

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
SiDiary V6 Beta En
« am: Oktober 07, 2008, 23:07 »
 ???

I just registered for SiDiary Beta 6.  Before I install Beta 6, an important question:

:kratz: Can both SiDiary 5 and SiDiary 6 Beta be installed on the same PC?

I use SiDiary5W32 and SiDiaryPPC (Smartphone) constantly, testing 5-6 times daily for ICT.  I would like to test Beta 6 if it does not interfere with the existing SiDiary 5.

Is there a Beta for SiDiaryPPC?  Can Beta 6 synch with SiD5PPC?

• PDA:  HP iPAQ hx2495b WM5 (smartphone compatible)
  • Sync:  Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 via USB 2.0

Thanks in advance.  Hope I can participate in the Beta.  I  :knuddel: SiDiary.  Thanks, Sinovo!
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 09, 2008, 13:20 von Alf »
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: SiDiary Beta 6 concurrently installed with SiDiary 5?
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 08, 2008, 08:48 »
Hi John,

yes you can use both versions parallel on your PC. Please put the new Beta in another folder to keep it seperate from your version 5!

Right now there is no 6beta for windows mobile - of course we are working on this! ;)
No, version 6 cannot sync with a version 5 mobile gadget since the database has been redesigned and enhanced completely.
But you can simply use your tracking machine as today and then copy the data from version 5 to 6 by using the data migration wizard from the tools menu so that you've always the most recent data in the beta package...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 08, 2008, 10:10 »
 :hi:

:patsch: Thanks, Alf!  After posting this question I opened the Beta6 Zip file and read the ReadMe! -- which answered the question!!!  

::)  I discovered that the Beta 6 QuickStart is only in German, which I do not read (except for important phrases like :prost:!).  FYI, I used a web site to do a machine translation of German to U.S. English.

8) Since I was formerly a Literary Editor and later a Technical Editor in Silicon Valley, I decided to try to create a Literary Edit of the QuickStart in U.S. English.  I imported the machine translated flat text file into Word 2007 and edited the machine translation into literary English.  A Draft Translation of the QuickStart in U.S. English is now in a Word97 - WordXP compatible .DOC file!

I could not find how to upload or post a document file into the forum, so I attached the Beta6 QuickStart English Draft to a private e-mail and sent it to Joerg at his Sinovo e-mail address.  (I don't think I have your e-mail address.)  In the past Joerg has given me outstanding technical support for SiDiary 5 in English -- he seems like a friend!  My e-mail with the Draft translation should be in Joerg's inbox!   I can also send it as a Word 2007 document or as a "flat file" plain ASCII text file.  Please send me your opinion from the Sinovo perspective of my translation.  Hope it is helpful!

:dozent: After the translation, I spent a couple of hours working with Beta 6, including converting my SiDiary 5 data.  I will post my feedback, comments, and suggestions on Beta 6 in the SiDiary English Forum under Beta 6, since the "official" Beta 6 forum is in German...

:super:  My initial brief impression of Beta 6 is Super!  

Personal regards to you, Joerg, and everyone at Sinovo!

John

P.S.: Document file scanned...  

Please tell Joerg that the Word .DOC file attachment has been scanned with ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8 and tested Virus-free and spyware-free.  It was also tested free of other malware using SpyBot S&D.
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 08, 2008, 10:50 »
Thanks John, your help is great! :super:
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary V6 Beta En
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 08, 2008, 11:33 »
Thanks, although i do already realise this is an option.

Just feel the suggestion could make things all the more comprehensive for visits to the doctor or dietician, not to mention the possibility of building personal databases that could then be freely exchanged or added to, similar to the currently available online templates.

Thanks again...

Zill

:idee:
 :stern:
With the PC-Version you do can build and/or extend nutrition-databases and sync them to the PPC.
Indeed adding the choosen food to the BG-grid is not available jet.

Most users, I think, just calculate with the cabs and add slow Insulin just if they have much too much fat (Pizza ;-)) - but it would also be good for type2-diabetics trying to loose weight.

LG|Adri*always requesting more features than one can code ;-)*an

Beta 6 Suggestion:
 :kratz: Could the function to add meals from the Nutrition tables be added to Beta 6?   :mahl: That would be an incredibly useful addition! 

:mauer: Manually calculating meals from the limited selections in the Nutrition tables, has been so time-consuming that I have very few nutrition entries in my SiDiary 5 data.  

:stern: This is almost a "must have" feature for me, especially with "brittle" Type I and ICT, so possibly extreme useful for many others.
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 08, 2008, 23:14 »
::)  I discovered that the Beta 6 QuickStart is only in German,

Yes, but what you haven't discovered is that this quick start is not for V6 but for V5. Sorry for this inconvenience :ka: :rotwerd:
Just have a look at the screenshots in it...

But we are working on it and the translation of the manual is still in progress. If you are interested you could prove it if it's nearly ready
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline jlconrod

Re: SiDiary V6 Beta En
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 09, 2008, 04:21 »
::)  I discovered that the Beta 6 QuickStart is only in German,

Yes, but what you haven't discovered is that this quick start is not for V6 but for V5. Sorry for this inconvenience :ka: :rotwerd:
Just have a look at the screenshots in it...

But we are working on it and the translation of the manual is still in progress. If you are interested you could prove it if it's nearly ready

Sorry for the confusion.  For some strange reason, Word 2007 does not show the graphics, so I could not see the screen shots to determine they were SiDiary 5.  Some things about Word 2007 are OK, but like Vista, for every one step forward with eye-candy, Office 2007 often has two steps backward!

I'd be happy to provide whatever input I can to the English translation of the Beta 6 Manual.

Warm personal regards,

John

:ja: 11-Oct-2008.  I was simultaneously entering values in Beta 6 and 5 this morning when BG was only 36!  The Beta 6 prompt for Hypo event and strength is TERRIFIC!  YAY!!! -- and even clear in a -- hypo!  :banane:

However, after I select a food from  :mahl:, how do I get it into the day's data?  Where does it appear on Log page?  E.g., in 5 English  it's on the log page as Carbohy.  Couldn't see where to put the carbs in 6 or how to get them from the Foods table.  (Maybe made more complicated by hypoglycemia?)
 ???
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 11, 2008, 18:31 von jlconrod »
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary Beta 6 En Issues
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 10, 2008, 22:11 »
 :sad3: Here are a few issues encountered with Beta 6 on Vista Home Premium SP1 and printing to Word 2007:

Convert issues
Convert does not point to the correct directory for existing SiD 5 Data Files.  Initially it points to a User > ... > Roaming Data directory.  That directory has limited permission in Vista SP1, even with UAC disabled (per Microsoft Technical Support).  The actual User Profile data files are not in that directory.

When I browse to Users > [username] > SiDiary Data (or whatever is the correct directory), it does Convert correctly.  However, even with a single patient defined, it does not retrieve the Patient Name.  The Profile appears as [1].  I have to edit the Profile Name to my name.  I triend converting again, this time the Profile appeared as [2].  The actual imported data appears correct.  I have over one year of records.

If it would be helpful, I can document the exact Paths of the directory issues with Convert.

Initial Data Entry issues
I am entering data concurrently in SiDiary 5 and a separate instance of SiDiary Beta 6.  For two days I had entered data only into 5.  When I tried to enter data into Beta 6 for the previous days, I selected an earlier day.  When I entered a BG [BZ] value for that day, there was no issue entering the value or correcting the time.  However, the BG value then moved the log book day from the previous date I was trying to update back to the current day.  The value then appeared in a column for the current day rather than the prior day I was trying to edit.  When I used the Calendar function to correct the day, a prompt window with two radio buttons appeared.  (I did not get a screen capture, but will describe the issue.)

Example:  (Radio Button 1 08-{Oct}-2008 [F11], Radio Button 2 09-{Oct}-2008 [F12]).  When I pressed [F11] the date of entry did not change to 08={Oct}-2008, but stayed on the current date 10-{Oct}-2008.

Date Format issues
In the United States, the standard date format is MMDDYYY, and this my system default.  Beta 6 uses the European/International format of DDMMYYY.  I have no problem with this, and my system time format is 24-hour.  However, many, if not most, users in the UnitMMed States prefer and will use the MMDDYYYY format.  It would be preferable for Beta 6 to use the System default setting or have a Profile Option to select the desired date and time format.

Also, when the Convert Wizard starts and prompts for the Patient Birth Date, it does not specify the date format.  It would be helpful and more clear to either allow a choice of date format options, or prompt the user that the date format is DDMMYYYY.

Report issues
I am sure this is on the To-Do List, but the Report Templates are still in German in Beta 6 En.  It might be helpful to other U.S. beta testers to include a note in the ReadME.txt that English translation of the templates is forthcoming.  If it is not too time consuming, in the interim, provide a brief translation key of the German words used in the template to the English equivalent.  E.g., BZ = Blood Glucose (BG).

Print issues
I successfully printed several Beta 6 reports.  When I clicked Print, the report was spooled immediately to printer, not allowing for any printer-specific options.  For example, my Epson Stylus CX5800F Multi-Function Printer (MFP) allows dual-sided printing, which I prefer with multi-page reports.  One enhancement would be very helpful, especially in Vista, after selecting a Report Template, before printing, make a call to Windows Print Manager > Printing Preferences.

Many other applications do this, not just Microsoft products.

From Printing Preferences I can select single or two-sided printing, edge binding to top or side, and in the case of my printer, I can choose to Preview before sending the to printer, and Advanced Options such as print quality like Normal, Fine, Photo, Best Photo, Color, Grayscale, Black only, as well as a "Watermark" overprint.  For example, I use a "SiDiary Beta 6" 'watermark' on Beta 6 documents and "SiDiary" 'watermark' on SiDiary 5 documents.

At present I have to manually open Printers > Printer > Print Preferences, select the desired options, then return to Beta 6 to send the report to the printer.

When I do print a report, there is a minor issue when Word 2007 opens the selected report template.  Word 2007 prompts for the file format of template to convert it to Word 2007 docx or Word97-compatible doc format.  Conversion options include txt, etc., and I choose Import from RTF.  Word 2007 opens the document and converts it.  Word 2007 then closes, automatically reopens, and again prompts for the File Import Conversion option, and I again select RTF.  This time the document remains open in Word 2007 and I can print the report.  The report then prints correctly, using the Printer Preferences manually selected from Vista Print Manager. 

Printing Update 26 Oct 08:
Clarification on print reports with Word 2007:  The first time the report opens it formats the text only.  It may run a macro?  Word 2007 closes (to import data from Beta 6 table?) then reopens a second time.  Now the graphics are inserted and formatted.

The Trend graphic is still truncated on the bottom "Smiley" 8-|
End Update

There are no problems with the embedded graphics and tables, other than the results are in German as mentioned above.  However, even though Beta 6 is set to "lbs" for weight, the report has weight in kg.  BG levels are correctly set to mg/dl and all other values appear correct to a brief review.

Overall impression

:super: SiDiary Beta 6 has many new and useful features.  This build has been very stable, and I am impressed with the many new and useful features.

:sternhalb: It would be helpful to include the "magnifying glass" option from SiDiary 5 when viewing Graphs, Charts, and Trends.

More feedback after I explore Beta 6 further.

« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 26, 2008, 20:34 von jlconrod »
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary Beta 6 En Issues - Vista SP1 and Word 2007
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 10, 2008, 22:18 »
 :sad3: Here are a few issues encountered with Beta 6 on Vista Home Premium SP1 and printing to Word 2007:

Convert issues
Convert does not point to the correct directory for existing SiD 5 Data Files.  Initially it points to a User > ... > Roaming Data directory.  That directory has limited permission in Vista SP1, even with UAC disabled (per Microsoft Technical Support).  The actual User Profile data files are not in that directory.

When I browse to Users > [username] > SiDiary Data (or whatever is the correct directory), it does Convert correctly.  However, even with a single patient defined, it does not retrieve the Patient Name.  The Profile appears as [1].  I have to edit the Profile Name to my name.  I triend converting again, this time the Profile appeared as [2].  The actual imported data appears correct.  I have over one year of records.

If it would be helpful, I can document the exact Paths of the directory issues with Convert.

Initial Data Entry issues
I am entering data concurrently in SiDiary 5 and a separate instance of SiDiary Beta 6.  For two days I had entered data only into 5.  When I tried to enter data into Beta 6 for the previous days, I selected an earlier day.  When I entered a BG [BZ] value for that day, there was no issue entering the value or correcting the time.  However, the BG value then moved the log book day from the previous date I was trying to update back to the current day.  The value then appeared in a column for the current day rather than the prior day I was trying to edit.  When I used the Calendar function to correct the day, a prompt window with two radio buttons appeared.  (I did not get a screen capture, but will describe the issue.)

Example:  (Radio Button 1 08-{Oct}-2008 [F11], Radio Button 2 09-{Oct}-2008 [F12]).  When I pressed [F11] the date of entry did not change to 08={Oct}-2008, but stayed on the current date 10-{Oct}-2008.

Date Format issues
In the United States, the standard date format is MMDDYYY, and this my system default.  Beta 6 uses the European/International format of DDMMYYY.  I have no problem with this, and my system time format is 24-hour.  However, many, if not most, users in the UnitMMed States prefer and will use the MMDDYYYY format.  It would be preferable for Beta 6 to use the System default setting or have a Profile Option to select the desired date and time format.

Also, when the Convert Wizard starts and prompts for the Patient Birth Date, it does not specify the date format.  It would be helpful and more clear to either allow a choice of date format options, or prompt the user that the date format is DDMMYYYY.

Report issues
I am sure this is on the To-Do List, but the Report Templates are still in German in Beta 6 En.  It might be helpful to other U.S. beta testers to include a note in the ReadME.txt that English translation of the templates is forthcoming.  If it is not too time consuming, in the interim, provide a brief translation key of the German words used in the template to the English equivalent.  E.g., BZ = Blood Glucose (BG).

Print issues
I successfully printed several Beta 6 reports.  When I clicked Print, the report was spooled immediately to printer, not allowing for any printer-specific options.  For example, my Epson Stylus CX5800F Multi-Function Printer (MFP) allows dual-sided printing, which I prefer with multi-page reports.  One enhancement would be very helpful, especially in Vista, after selecting a Report Template, before printing, make a call to Windows Print Manager > Printing Preferences.

Many other applications do this, not just Microsoft products.

From Printing Preferences I can select single or two-sided printing, edge binding to top or side, and in the case of my printer, I can choose to Preview before sending the to printer, and Advanced Options such as print quality like Normal, Fine, Photo, Best Photo, Color, Grayscale, Black only, as well as a "Watermark" overprint.  For example, I use a "SiDiary Beta 6" 'watermark' on Beta 6 documents and "SiDiary" 'watermark' on SiDiary 5 documents.

At present I have to manually open Printers > Printer > Print Preferences, select the desired options, then return to Beta 6 to send the report to the printer.

When I do print a report, there is a minor issue when Word 2007 opens the selected report template.  Word 2007 prompts for the file format of template to convert it to Word 2007 docx or Word97-compatible doc format.  Conversion options include txt, etc., and I choose Import from RTF.  Word 2007 opens the document and converts it.  Word 2007 then closes, automatically reopens, and again prompts for the File Import Conversion option, and I again select RTF.  This time the document remains open in Word 2007 and I can print the report.  The report then prints correctly, using the Printer Preferences manually selected from Vista Print Manager.  There are no problems with the embedded graphics and tables, other than the results are in German as mentioned above.  However, even though Beta 6 is set to "lbs" for weight, the report has weight in kg.  BG levels are correctly set to mg/dl and all other values appear correct to a brief review.

Overall impression

:super: SiDiary Beta 6 has many new and useful features.  This build has been very stable, and I am impressed with the many new and useful features.

:sternhalb: It would be helpful to include the "magnifying glass" option from SiDiary 5 when viewing Graphs, Charts, and Trends.

More feedback after I explore Beta 6 further.

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary Beta 6 Wants: Remarks suggestion
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 14, 2008, 00:42 »

:sternhalb:  The Remarks entry is useful.  However, it would be even more helpful to have a Remark pinned or linked to a specific date and time entry. 

For example, I use Remarks to note comments about a BG value, health issue, or other pertinent information about a specific date and time entry.

However, when I print a report, all remarks are concatenated.  Even when I insert a date and time stamp into the Remark, it is difficult to locate which entry the remark refers to.

??? This may be what is intended with the Ex. field.  Will Ex. entries be pinned to a specific date and time?  If that is the case, I can use Ex. instead of Remarks.

Thanks in advance for a clarification.

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod