Autor Thema: SiDiary V6 Beta En  (Gelesen 42574 mal)

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
Re: SiDiary Beta 6 custom Data fields
« Antwort #20 am: Oktober 15, 2008, 21:23 »
Hi Alf,

Thank you for the update on translation of Beta 6.

:compi: Using your suggestion and Google Translate, I have played with UDT.  I added a data field Medications with key Meds.  At present it just has one value Ibuprofen 600mg.

The field now appears on my Log Book pages, and as I desired, is properly fixed to the entry Date and Time, similar to an Event.  The field works properly for data entry in the Log Book, at least with the single test entry tried.

:super: Custom UDTs look like they will be very useful.  This is a wonderful addition to Beta 6!  As I work with UDTs, I will post notes in SiDiary Beta 6 En.

Working with UDTs reminds me of designing and programming relational database in the early days of PCs!

:dozent: As I mentioned to Joerg, as a retired Technical Editor, I will be happy to assist with editing the English translation of Beta 6 if needed.

Regards,

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary Beta 6 En Custom UDT Data fields
« Antwort #21 am: Oktober 15, 2008, 21:36 »
Hi Alf,

Thank you for the update on translation of Beta 6.

:compi: Using your suggestion and Google Translate, I have played with UDT.  I added a data field Medications with key Meds.  At present it just has one value Ibuprofen 600mg.

The field now appears on my Log Book pages, and as I desired, is properly fixed to the entry Date and Time, similar to an Event.  The field works properly for data entry in the Log Book, at least with the single test entry tried.

:super: Custom UDTs look like they will be very useful.  This is a wonderful addition to Beta 6!  As I work with UDTs, I will post notes in SiDiary Beta 6 En.

Working with UDTs reminds me of designing and programming relational database in the early days of PCs!

:dozent: As I mentioned to Joerg, as a retired Technical Editor, I will be happy to assist with editing the English translation of Beta 6 if needed.

Regards,

John

Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

Re: SiDiary Beta 6 Log book settings: rounding
« Antwort #22 am: Oktober 15, 2008, 21:47 »
you need to go to the 'Extras->Settings' menu and then deactivate the checkbox for the "rounding to 5 minutes" option.

No there is no other rounding. Where did you encounter a rounding for your weight input as described?  :kratz:

Thank you, Alf!  Extras > Settings is now unchecked for rounding.

:patsch: Unfortunately I did not keep notes on the issue with rounding Weight.  I will try it again and post the result with details if the issue reappears.

Regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

Re: SiDiary Beta 6 Log book settings: rounding Weight
« Antwort #23 am: Oktober 15, 2008, 22:49 »
 :kratz: Here are some details about Weight rounding in SiDiary Beta v6 En > Log Book.

:nixweiss: In the Weight field on Log Book, I entered 172.5 (lbs).  When I clicked Save, the entry was automatically rounded to 172.4.

Settings has rounding to 5 minutes unchecked.  I could not find any setting for Weight or other field rounding.

Below is a screen capture of the rounded Weight value on the Log Book page today.

Regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #24 am: Oktober 16, 2008, 08:49 »
*Ouch*

Actually that isn't a rounding issue but a conversion issue with a loss of information because of a poor resolution... :o  ???

SiDiary ist storing the tracked data with standard units, i.e. the bg levels are always saved as numerical values in mg/dl even if the user is using mmol/l for the GUI. That is to avoid problems if the user needs to switch the unit when he already has some data in the other unit.
Regarding the bodyweight: It will be saved as a metric value and to avoid problems with different decimal chars (dot or comma) on different system we decided to save the weight not as kilogram but as a multiplication with 10 and skip the decimals. I.e. 75,5 kg will be saved as 755 and on loading data it will be converted for the GUI to 75,5.

And that's the problem because the resolution of 1 decimal place for metric unit isn't enough for values in lbs...

We need to change that in the next release...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #25 am: Oktober 16, 2008, 10:05 »
*Ouch*

Actually that isn't a rounding issue but a conversion issue with a loss of information because of a poor resolution... :o  ???

SiDiary ist storing the tracked data with standard units, i.e. the bg levels are always saved as numerical values in mg/dl even if the user is using mmol/l for the GUI. That is to avoid problems if the user needs to switch the unit when he already has some data in the other unit.

:gruebeln: That explains why the status line at that bottom of the Log Book screen sometimes shows "mmol/l" momentarily, even though mg/dl is selected.  Other screens and reports are formatted as mg/dl as desired, so no problem.

Zitat
Regarding the bodyweight: It will be saved as a metric value and to avoid problems with different decimal chars (dot or comma) on different system we decided to save the weight not as kilogram but as a multiplication with 10 and skip the decimals. I.e. 75,5 kg will be saved as 755 and on loading data it will be converted for the GUI to 75,5.

And that's the problem because the resolution of 1 decimal place for metric unit isn't enough for values in lbs...

We need to change that in the next release...

;) Aha!  I understand.  It is not a problem for me.  I'll just remember that in the meanwhile, until the next release.

Hope my feedback is helpful.  Is the image resolution sufficient for the screen capture posted below?

Glad to participate in the Beta 6 test!

Regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #26 am: Oktober 16, 2008, 13:01 »
:gruebeln: That explains why the status line at that bottom of the Log Book screen sometimes shows "mmol/l" momentarily, even though mg/dl is selected.  Other screens and reports are formatted as mg/dl as desired, so no problem.

No that is something completely different! The status bar has an "automatic calculator". It will always do a bg unit calculation for _any_ input field, i.e. if you have configured your profile to use mmol/l you can put the input cursor to any textbox (even if this textbox is designed for tracking something completely different) enter a value and the calclulator will show the number from the input field in mg/dl (regardless if the field was initially built for let's say a text remark. The status bar calculator does not look at the purpose of a textbox, it just takes the absolute number from it and do his simple calculation)...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #27 am: Oktober 16, 2008, 19:40 »
Zitat
From Alf:  No that is something completely different! The status bar has an "automatic calculator". It will always do a bg unit calculation for _any_ input field, i.e. if you have configured your profile to use mmol/l you can put the input cursor to any textbox (even if this textbox is designed for tracking something completely different) enter a value and the calclulator will show the number from the input field in mg/dl (regardless if the field was initially built for let's say a text remark. The status bar calculator does not look at the purpose of a textbox, it just takes the absolute number from it and do his simple calculation)...

8)  Thank you for the clear explanation.  That function may prove useful at some point as I become more familiar with Beta 6.

I look forward to the translation of the User manual and other materials to make full use of the marvellous features of 6!

As a Technical Editor, I used to have a joke: When all else fails, read the manual! (RTFFM) ;D

More and more Beta 6:winner:

Warm regards,

John
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary Beta6 En: BG entry near Virtual Day boundary disappears
« Antwort #28 am: Oktober 24, 2008, 21:31 »
 :gruebeln:
SiDiary Beta 6 En New Bug? Update 25-Oct-08

SiDiary Beta 6 En Profile is set to Virtual Day to help with control of Type I ICT and post-midnight BG tests.  I have encountered a problem when entering a BG value after Real Day midnight.  When I click Save on the Log Book page, the entry completely disappears -- time, BG value, and Insulin dosage.

:staun: The pop-up box with two radio buttons appeared:  [F11] for the prior "Real" day (23 Oct), [F12] for the current "Real" day (24 Oct).  I selected the radio button by F11.  When I pressed the [F11] key nothing happened.  I cleared the entries and repeated the process but the data still disappeared and neither F11 nor F12 had any effect.  The data entries disappeared.

This happens most times whenever the reading time is after midnight.  When I discovered that the data entry "moves" to the real time previous day as intended when using Virtual Day, I thought the problem was resolved.  However, last night the entry disappeared and did not appear on the previous day, nor on any graphics such as the line graph or detail statistics.

:kreisch: I completely closed SiDiary Beta 6 En, including the System Tray.  I then relaunched Beta 6, opened Log Book, and tried the entry again.  The data entries again disappeared.

This morning, after restarting the Vista SP1 PC, I launched Beta 6.  I tried changing the late night event time from the actual 0105 to 0110.  In this instance the data remained, appearing on the current day but at the correct early AM time.

:sternhalb: Late night post-midnight entries are often test times for me, so this is an important issue.

Update: 

:kratz: The Graphics > Line Graph > with Show Bolus and Basal checked revealed that the apparently missing data appeared on a previous day, 22 Oct.  There were several duplicated entries for BG Bolus and Basal with 0100 or 0105 time stamps.  The clue was duplicated Bolus bars on the BG graphic.  I clicked the bar for the duplicated Bolus and Beta 6 opened the Log Book to the date of the Bolus.  I then had to manually delete the duplicates, which apparently happened when I click the [F11] key but the entry did not seem to appear on 23 Oct.

After I deleted the duplicated entries, the data automatically moved to the correct 23 Oct date.

Hope this helps with the debugging process.

John

Regards, John
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 25, 2008, 23:06 von jlconrod »
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline jlconrod

SiDiary Beta6 En: Current Build?
« Antwort #29 am: Oktober 26, 2008, 23:15 »
 ???

:compi: I am running SiDiary Beta 6 En, Build 6.0.1106.  Is this the current test Build?

:kratz: If not current, where can I download the latest Beta?

Thanks and regards,  John
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 27, 2008, 00:28 von jlconrod »
Warm regards,

John Conrod