Autor Thema: Even more HELP please!!  (Gelesen 3784 mal)

Offline jenny

Even more HELP please!!
« am: August 19, 2007, 13:51 »
Hi everyone

I have just returned from my holiday and tried to open SiDiary to download my last few weeks' results.

Normally I double click the desktop icon, the icon moves to my toolbar, a window appears telling me I already have the program open, I close the window, click on the toolbar icon and the program opens up.

All I get now when I click is the start-up Wizard asking me to enter my details from scratch!

I very much fear that my grandchildren (who I know were using my computer whilst we were away - entirely without our permission) have deleted the entire 9 months history.

Am I correct and is there any way of getting it back? - bearing in mind we never back up the computer, I would have no idea how to restore to an earlier date and in any case don't want to lose some of the stuff that's been happening since we went on holiday - or is the easiest option to reload as much as I need from the hard copies I (luckily!) made a few weeks ago?

Thanks.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Even more HELP please!!
« Antwort #1 am: August 20, 2007, 08:46 »
Hi Jenny,

unfortunately I cannot say something useful about the data being still available on your system without having a look to your computer but what you can do in a first step is to answer the profile wizard questions again to get to the main screen of SiDiary where you can see if your older data is still there!

With a bit piece of luck the only thing destroyed was the configuration file (sidiary.ini) which now makes it neccessary to anser again the opening questions but then the data will be still there.

If not we can continue by using the windows file explorer to search if there are any additional data files on your hard disk (since SiDiary is doing some internal backups in some situations).

But let's see what happens after the profile wizard...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline klausing

• Special Member
  • PC-Seelsorger ;)
    • private Homepage
  • Diabetestyp: DM 3
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: August 20, 2007, 09:07 »
If you don't have to much write acess to this directory you can restore the data with some tools. There exist several tools in internet which are freeware and can restore deleted data. It takes much time, but sometimes you can restore some files. I cross my fingers.

Offline jenny

« Antwort #3 am: August 29, 2007, 11:10 »
Thank you - we solved it!

Not the children at all - my husband!!  (cleaning the keyboard whilst the computer was running and accidentally pressing all sorts of buttons!!!!)  All that happened was he destroyed the shortcut to the program, leaving me only with the destop icon - which only led to the original Trial version (DOH!!!! - that's why, whenever I clicked on it, it told me I already had another version running) so we went round in circles for ages - until one of us realised what had actually happened.

Toolbar Icon restored; info completely intact, peace reigns, divorce cancelled LOL