Autor Thema: Need help with this software  (Gelesen 9313 mal)

Offline darthbane2k

Re: Need help with this software
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 10:27 »

It's okay to have a higher ratio than others, unless you are not overweight. You see, insulin is a hormon, that makes a lot of more than only lower your BG.
It also inhibits the lipolysis in you fat-cells, so that lower your weight will be mor difficulty. And as higher your insulin-level, as higher this inhibition.

And overweight is an additionally risk-factor for many diseases like cardiac infarct, apoplectic stroke and some vascular diseases.

I am definately NOT overweight, i am very skinny!
I will talk to my doctor about my ratios though

I would like to say thank you for this software, I have used for only 2 days and already my sugars are improved, only one time it has been out of range and I now test at least 4 times a day.

One question though - alcohol , do any of you drink, how do you cope if you want a beer?!!

Offline wolke

• Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 11:08 »

One question though - alcohol , do any of you drink, how do you cope if you want a beer?!!

Hmm, difficult to answer.
For a beer, i usually count 2 bread units ( a beer typically austrian, means half a litre).
Because of malt glucose it gives good results this way BUT, alcohol itself lowers the glucose level after a few hours so you have to watch out anyway and find out yourself  if this fits to your diabetes adjustment and physical condition!!!

Regarding wine it´s much more complex.
I found out that some dry redwine is fine in small quantities (one glass max.), while some others (i.e. portwine, retsina) gives very unexpected results (low or high glucose values).

And last but not least, forget about hard spirits like whiskey, cognac or stuff like that.
First this raises your glucose up to 400mg/dl, and then you´ll fall into very strong hypos, it´s an absolut NONONO!

good luck and i hope my english is understandable for you  :rotwerd:

greetings
wolke
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 07, 2004, 11:10 von wolke »
Grüße
wolke/Wolfgang

"Toleranz ist vor allem die Erkenntnis, dass es keinen Sinn hat, sich aufzuregen..."
©Helmut Qualtinger

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 13:15 »
I am definately NOT overweight, i am very skinny!

Oh sorry, I don't want to offend you in any way. It was just a try to explain why we discuss your ratio.

I told you about up-/downregulation. For this fact we have implemented the view 'Total-insulin/Bodyweight'.
If you filled in your weight in Kilogram, this quotient should be less than 1.0
If it's higher, then you have what physicians call 'Insulin-resistence".

Zitat
I would like to say thank you for this software, I have used for only 2 days and already my sugars are improved, only one time it has been out of range and I now test at least 4 times a day.

Great to hear. With this testing-frequency your BG-Levels surely will become more calm and handsome :ja:
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/