Autor Thema: Suggestion: inputting meal information...  (Gelesen 5241 mal)

Offline zillerman

Suggestion: inputting meal information...
« am: Juli 25, 2006, 22:24 »
Hi again...

I was wondering if there are any plans for inputting meal information for greater logging, eg: when i click on the time in the grid i get that lovely multi icon popup, how about a similar popup for the carb field that allows me to log my meal info and not just the carb values? (I use a Pocket PC btw.)

One step further on that thought: could it then be possible to have an icon on the carb popup to allow selections from the nutritions list, or even an icon to add entered meals from the carb popup window to the nutritions list?

My guess would be a simple text entry box for those that just want to input their basic meal ingredients, with smaller text entry boxes for those that may have more detailed info to enter (fats, protein etc.) for making more comprehensive nutrition databases and of course for printing/saving more detailed logs for visits to the doctor.

Many thanks...

Zill

Offline Der Süsse

• Willkommen in der Eiszeit
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Suggestion: inputting meal information...
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 26, 2006, 10:21 »
Hi Zillerman

You can write the ingredients of the meal under Comment or remarks (don't know witch is it in the englich version)

example: lunch 100g potatoes ..... and so on

regards
Olaf
There are only 10 types of people in this world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline zillerman

« Antwort #2 am: Juli 26, 2006, 11:48 »
Thanks, although i do already realise this is an option.

Just feel the suggestion could make things all the more comprehensive for visits to the doctor or dietician, not to mention the possibility of building personal databases that could then be freely exchanged or added to, similar to the currently available online templates.

Thanks again...

Zill

Offline Adrian

• Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 26, 2006, 13:14 »
Thanks, although i do already realise this is an option.

Just feel the suggestion could make things all the more comprehensive for visits to the doctor or dietician, not to mention the possibility of building personal databases that could then be freely exchanged or added to, similar to the currently available online templates.

Thanks again...

Zill

With the PC-Version you do can build and/or extend nutrition-databases and sync them to the PPC.
Indeed adding the choosen food to the BG-grid is not available jet.

Most users, I think, just calculate with the cabs and add slow Insulin just if they have much too much fat (Pizza ;-)) - but it would also be good for type2-diabetics trying to loose weight.

LG|Adri*always requesting more features than one can code ;-)*an
Cozmo mit Humalog 

Offline AndyRozman

• Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #4 am: März 29, 2008, 23:17 »
Hi !

Functionality of creating meals (and all other funcinalities concerning that) would be really great...

1. What we would need would be possibility of creating meals from selected nutritions. Even if this functionality would only be in Windows version, it would be better than nothing. I usually eat same things many time in month and calculating this everytime is quite tedious. I could write this down of course, but that would defeat purpose of this software...

2. What we would then need would be tying meals and nutritions to special daily entry.

3. Posibility of adding of glycemic index information would also be nice (this is probably functionality that would be intended for pumpers)

This is probably quite undertaking to do that, but it's something, that I think most of users (including me) would welcome...

Andy