Autor Thema: Same data on two computers  (Gelesen 3071 mal)

Offline timomer

Same data on two computers
« am: Juni 19, 2006, 21:33 »
Hi,

I would like to use the same data but on two different computers. I guess i will have to get another licence for the second computer, but what data files do i have to sync between the two computers? Is it not possible to move the data folder to a network share? Or, at least store this data in "My Documents"?

Thanks,
Tim

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: Same data on two computers
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 19, 2006, 22:53 »
No, I'm sorry, but that's not possible.
The Data-folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\SINOVO\SiDiary\Data\) must be within the SiDiary-Folder.

But if you wanna use SiDiary on 2 PCs you should wait a little while. We have a version on an USB-Stick which runs on every Windows PC with WIN98 and above. But we have to translate some special USB-Screens first. (This won't last too long since I - and my poor school-english - will not be responsible for this translation :zwinker: )
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline timomer

Re: Same data on two computers
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 30, 2006, 20:15 »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I have to say that the app being on a USB key is a bit over kill for me, unless if I could put it on my own USB key - that would be cool I guess.

I think that it is bad application design to place user data where you do, it should be placed in the users My Document folder where it is more likely to be backed up. Is it not possible to change a config file to point to where the data is stored? It is a very easy update to apply to the application to allow the user to store their data where they want, I see not reason why not to. Im sure others agree.

Thanks,
Tim