Autor Thema: Make templates  (Gelesen 3819 mal)

Offline nunobarros

Make templates
« am: November 21, 2005, 00:41 »
I've downloaded the file "manualtemplen.zip" with the manual for making templates. I'm not quite understanding the process. Can someone help me?  :kratz:
What's the parser module from ShE Informationssysteme GmbH? Where can I get it (download)?

Thanks  :super:

Offline Adrian

• Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Make templates
« Antwort #1 am: November 21, 2005, 02:07 »
I was getting a bit courious, but unfortunately  I couldn't find that file.

I just can guess: In the zip-file there is a manual for makeing Templates (ok, you wrote that).
I do not know much about that, but there are some tags, that you can put in a Word/Exel ... file (whatever)...

I think the parser/scanner you are looking for is included in Sidiary. When you specify a template for printing, Sidiary will find the Tag and replace it with the accordant value (BG, time, bloodpressure, ... each of these should have a different Tag).

But instead of writing a new template from the scratch, I would look at some prewritten ones which can be found at Sidiary.org (Or that come with Sidiary :kratz: ).

I hope I could help you. If not we have to wait for Alf or Jörg.

regards
Adrian

PS:
# what, a template, well no... it's just a huge format string and SiDiary's something like an enhanced printf ( ) #
Cozmo mit Humalog 

Offline LordBritish

• Global Moderator
  • Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #2 am: November 21, 2005, 07:37 »
I think the parser/scanner you are looking for is included in Sidiary.

That´s right

Offline nunobarros

« Antwort #3 am: November 21, 2005, 19:06 »
Thanks!  :super:

Offline Jay

• Uh, I drank what??? -- Socrates
« Antwort #4 am: November 30, 2005, 06:59 »
My understanding is that the parser resides in SiDiary.  When you export or print, SIDiary opens the template file and replaces the placeholder tags in the file with data from SiDiary.  Some of the placeholder tags instruct the parser to create lists using the placeholders between the begin list and end list placeholders.  Other placeholders are used in print (.RTF) templates to insert graphics objects for the various statistical graphs (if WinWord is installed).

In the Export (.xls) templates, the placeholder tags must be placed within a worksheet labelled ShEParser.  It is also important that non-list placeholders be defined before (above) the list definition placeholders.  Note that in the Excel templates, all data field placeholders for a list must be placed on the same line.  The parser will automatically insert additional lines to accommodate any additional records falling within the time period specified in the Statistics screen when the print or export function is evoked.

I also agree that the best way to learn how to create your own templates is to look at templates created by Sinovo and other users.

Regards,
Jay  :D