Autor Thema: Smartphone run-time error  (Gelesen 6615 mal)

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Smartphone run-time error
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 18, 2005, 19:29 »
Hi Jaco,

thanks a lot for your files which were really helpful! :ja:

The reason was the constellation of either your locale settings and also the different settings within SiDiary for Windows and for SMP:

* You have used an AM/PM-Setting on your PC and there were a lot of tracked values with this schema.
* On the smartphone although the locale setting was for UK-English, the time format was Military but not Am/PM
* SiDiary SMP was configured to work with Military time format, but the synced values from the PC came as AM/PM times.

These different settings were too much for the Smartphone version :zwinker:

The current update package at sidiary.org should deal with "most" of the different time format settings. In fact it has worked fine with your files (data tracking, stats, trend etc.) but since the format exception came from a bug in the Val-function of the .net compact framework I cannot grant that our workaround will cover all places beside of the one you have encountered and of course we haven't tested this workaround on our test devices which all have German os versions.

So please let me know, if this version has still constraints for your daily work or if it is running well.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers, Alf.

One thing to mention: You could activate the AM/PM time format also for the Smartphone version of SiDiary with this key:
[Einstellungen]
AM/PM=1
This setting will convert even inputs in mitlitary style, which means you can enter 1600 and this would be converted into 4:00p...
But it's kind of an "undocumented feature" and might cause other trouble with conflicts from the locale settings, I don't know, just play around a bit... ;)
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline pzsysa

« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 20, 2005, 21:16 »
 :) Hi Alf  :prost:

I am happy to report that everything works 100%.
I have captured new data on my notebook, on my i-mate sp3i and on my hp ipaq.
And everything is in sync and works  :banane:

Thanks for your support effort.

Jaco.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 20, 2005, 22:18 »
Hi Jaco,

great! Now I can enjoy my bedtime...  :zwinker:

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit