Autor Thema: Help installing Evb Runtime on pocket PC  (Gelesen 5080 mal)

Offline selketine

Help installing Evb Runtime on pocket PC
« am: Dezember 16, 2004, 20:20 »
I have a new x50v Axim from Dell and I am also new to Pocket PC's.  I would like to run the SiDiary software (my 2 year old has diabetes and is a pumper). 

Can anyone help me figure out how and where to put this cabinet file that I downloaded to my person computer from microsoft?  I installed the SiDiary on my SD card on the Axim and now I think I have to put this "cab" file somewhere.

Many thanks!

Carol

**edited to add - I think I have it working.  I'm just afraid of installing programs on this Pocket PC cause I'm it seems so different than my old Palm! :unschuldig:  Definitely a newbie here.  I think I might have some questions in the future because it seems tracking diabetes in toddlers is different than for older kids and adults.  Thanks!
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 16, 2004, 20:35 von selketine »

Offline unknown

• Special Member
  • siehe Bild
Re: Help installing Evb Runtime on pocket PC
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 17, 2004, 07:35 »
Hello selketime,

maybe I could answer your question

I have a new x50v Axim from Dell and I am also new to Pocket PC's.  I would like to run the SiDiary software (my 2 year old has diabetes and is a pumper). 

Can anyone help me figure out how and where to put this cabinet file that I downloaded to my person computer from microsoft?  I installed the SiDiary on my SD card on the Axim and now I think I have to put this "cab" file somewhere.

If you want to install the dll that is part of this cabinet file to you pocket PC you need to syncronise this file with Microsoft active sync from you Windows PC to your pocked PC.

To do this just activate the Microsoft Active Sync Windo and select Files (in my german Version Dateien) at the bottom of the windows, do a right click and chose options (in my german version Einstellungen). In the upcoming window you  need to add the cab file and then Active Sync will copy the cab file to your pocket PC.  Please watch if you get an question where the cab file (or the content of the cab file) should be copied.
As I alread installed this I am not sure if any questions will pop up.

Hope this helps to get SiDiary running. If not please come back :-)

Regards

Norbert

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 17, 2004, 11:59 »
Dear Carol,

I hope SiDiary will help a bit to manage the Diabetes of your kid.

Please don't hesitate to ask your questions either about SiDiary or Diabetes in common.

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline jj jam

« Antwort #3 am: August 01, 2005, 03:01 »
Don't worry about the Axim, I have an X30 H,   It is easy to redownload and if you run into trouble you can do a hard reset, it will take off all programs not factory loaded.   This helps when things get messy and you have alot of junk on it you don't want.   If it freezes just do a soft reset.  Happens alot if you keep programs open all the time in the background.  I'm new to the program too so no advice on anything.  Still don't have SiDiary up and running well yet.   

Downloading to my sisters X30 that I got her for X-mas.  She is 61 this year and has had diabetes since she was 6 yrs old.   Doctors just keep saying she can't and she just keeps doing.  Sis does not have a computor (she says a typewriter is just fine) so I will be doing the printing from mine.