Autor Thema: Build 1237 Update problem and issues  (Gelesen 10740 mal)

Offline jlconrod

• Don't Panic! / Keine Panik! (Douglas Adams)
  • Co-Leader, SparkPeople Type1 IDDM, Dietbetics
    • SparkPeople (SparkPage JLCCONROD)
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pen
Build 1237 Update problem and issues
« am: April 18, 2011, 07:25 »
 :daumenrunter:

I had a problem with the Build 1237 Update file.  I used the Check for Update tool in Build 1237 to check for for an update.  T downloaded without error, but when I started the Update using Run as Adminstrator, the file extraction progess bar completed. However the actual setup did not launch.

:knatschig:
In case the download file was corrupted, I again used the Build 1236 Check for Update Tool and redownloaded the file.  I use Save As and save the updater to my Sidiary Download directory.  Once again the file extraction progress bar completed but Setup did not launch. I also found that Check for Updates closed SiDiary 6 PnP, but did not close the SiDiaryWP.exe process.  The SiDiaryWP still running issue also occurred with Build 1236.

:-\
The News add-in has not notified me of newer updates for either Build 1236 or Build 1237.

:gruebeln:
I discovered that the extracted files were in a user temp folder, so I manually copied the "Copy to PC" folders and contents to the PnP USB stick, overwriting existing files.

Build 1237 launched successfully.  However, I've discovered several issues with 1237:

• Alarms do not pop up when SiDiary6 is running but minimized
  • When I select another tab from the Detailed Log Book page, the new tab (such as Statistics or Trends) are not elevated to the focus. I have to manually click on the desired tab to view the Statistics Graph, etc. 
  • On the Statistics page, when I have selected a graph such as a one week line graph, and another option such as my "Joërg Add-in", the Add-in does not display, even though checked in the Add-in option. I will e-mail a screen shot of the error. 
  • When I close the Statistics tab, it does not close, just loses focus. I have to click the "x" to close the tab several times before the tab actually closes. 
  • There is a phrase in the Help file for Doctors Lists (I think) that is in German.  In the Help file I cannot use the integrated Translate tool or report the phrase that needs to be translated to English. 
  • I cannot print Doctors Lists.  I could find nothing in a search of the local Help file or On-line Help, FAQs, or the Forum. It would be helpful to add a QuickPrint function for Doctors Lists or a Report Template. I keep detailed notes of things to discuss with my Diabetologist but need to print those notes to take with me, rather than re-enter them in a Notepad or Word file. 

Otherwise, I still a very satisfied SiDiary6 user!  :super:

Thanks for any suggestions on how to correct these issues or work-arounds. Perhaps some can be addressed in Build 1238 or the following Update.

Warm personal regards,

John

Browsers: Internet Explorer 9 (released version)
Google Chrome
LG Optimus M LGMS690 Android 2.2.1 Smartphone
OneTouch Ultra 2 Blood Glucose Monitor
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: Build 1237 Update problem and issues
« Antwort #1 am: April 18, 2011, 11:41 »
I had a problem with the Build 1237 Update file.  I used the Check for Update tool in Build 1237 to check for for an update.  T downloaded without error, but when I started the Update using Run as Adminstrator, the file extraction progess bar completed. However the actual setup did not launch.

And what happens if you download and start the update manually? http://www.sidiary.org/download/SiDiary_Update_V6.exe

Zitat
Once again the file extraction progress bar completed but Setup did not launch.

Sounds like a security issue. Some Kind of Security tool maybe running on your PC?

Zitat
I also found that Check for Updates closed SiDiary 6 PnP, but did not close the SiDiaryWP.exe process.  The SiDiaryWP still running issue also occurred with Build 1236.

And if you shut down SiDiary manually?

Zitat
The News add-in has not notified me of newer updates for either Build 1236 or Build 1237.

Of course not, because this is not a news. News are the reports you can also see in the top right corner on the SiDiary Homepage.

Zitat
Alarms do not pop up when SiDiary6 is running but minimized

I can't confirm. I have checked it in this minute and it works. Maybe some kind of security tool is working?

Zitat
When I select another tab from the Detailed Log Book page, the new tab (such as Statistics or Trends) are not elevated to the focus. I have to manually click on the desired tab to view the Statistics Graph, etc.

How do you select the tab that is hat not the focus?

Zitat
On the Statistics page, when I have selected a graph such as a one week line graph, and another option such as my "Joërg Add-in", the Add-in does not display, even though checked in the Add-in option. I will e-mail a screen shot of the error.

I don't know this AddIn.... :ka:

Zitat
When I close the Statistics tab, it does not close, just loses focus. I have to click the "x" to close the tab several times before the tab actually closes.

And once again I can't confirm. Please try to uninstall and then reinstall your SiDiary. A system check of your Windows would also be a good idea.

Zitat
There is a phrase in the Help file for Doctors Lists (I think) that is in German.

Which one?

Zitat
In the Help file I cannot use the integrated Translate tool or report the phrase that needs to be translated to English.

The Translation tool is not for the help file, it's for the graphical interface of the program and SiDiary Online only.

Zitat
I cannot print Doctors Lists.  I could find nothing in a search of the local Help file or On-line Help, FAQs, or the Forum. It would be helpful to add a QuickPrint function for Doctors Lists or a Report Template. I keep detailed notes of things to discuss with my Diabetologist but need to print those notes to take with me, rather than re-enter them in a Notepad or Word file.

That is not what the doctors list was made for. That is was 'Ask a question' (below in the detailed logbook' was made for.
If the chosen template has the option to print such questions they will be printed to. If not you can add this option, Just have a look in the template manual: http://www.sidiary.org/download/manualtemplen.zip

Kind regards
Joerg

A printable option for the doctors list is still on our ToDo-List.

Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #2 am: April 18, 2011, 14:39 »
I had a problem with the Build 1237 Update file.  I used the Check for Update tool in Build 1237 to check for for an update.  T downloaded without error, but when I started the Update using Run as Administrator, the file extraction progess bar completed. However the actual setup did not launch.

Zitat
And what happens if you download and start the update manually? http://www.sidiary.org/download/SiDiary_Update_V6.exe

Once again the file extraction progress bar completed but Setup did not launch.

Zitat
Sounds like a security issue. Some Kind of Security tool maybe running on your PC?

Norton 360 Version  (2011). I could try adding the Update file to the Norton 360 Exception List.

Zitat
I also found that Check for Updates closed SiDiary 6 PnP, but did not close the SiDiaryWP.exe process.  The SiDiaryWP still running issue also occurred with Build 1236.

Zitat
And if you shut down SiDiary manually?

I still need to use Windows Task Manager to close SiDiary6WP.exe process.

Zitat

Zitat
Of course not, because this is not a news. News are the reports you can also see in the top right corner on the SiDiary Homepage.

News Add-in did not inform me of Build 1236 or 1237 before I manually ran Check or Updates.

Zitat
Alarms do not pop up when SiDiary6 is running but minimized

Zitat
I can't confirm. I have checked it in this minute and it works. Maybe some kind of security tool is working?

Only Norton 360 2011. It does not block any function of SiDiary 6, which is recognized as a "Norton Trusted application".

Zitat
When I select another tab from the Detailed Log Book page, the new tab (such as Statistics or Trends) are not elevated to the focus. I have to manually click on the desired tab to view the Statistics Graph, etc

Zitat
How do you select the tab that is hat not the focus?

Left click on the tab.  Before, when from the Detailed Log Book screen I clicked a button such as Statistics, the Statistics tab would open with focus. No relevant Windows 7 SP-1 updates installed after 1236 or 1237, so I'm not sure what is the issue.  I don't consider this a high priority bug, because I can just left-click on the desired tab to change the focus.

Zitat
On the Statistics page, when I have selected a graph such as a one week line graph, and another option such as my "Joërg Add-in", the Add-in does not display, even though checked in the Add-in option. I will e-mail a screen shot of the error.

Zitat
I don't know this AddIn.... :ka:

Actually, these are the SiDiaryStatsFX AddIns you sent me in an RAR file:

• Modal week
  • Overall evaluation

Zitat
When I close the Statistics tab, it does not close, just loses focus. I have to click the "x" to close the tab several times before the tab actually closes.

Zitat
And once again I can't confirm. Please try to uninstall and then reinstall your SiDiary. A system check of your Windows would also be a good idea.

I will uninstall and reinstall SiDiary 6 and let you know.  I am actually actively using PnP, so I guess I will need to buy another USB stick exclusively and create a new USB PnP stick to be sure. I'll post again after I do this.

Zitat
There is a phrase in the Help file for Doctors Lists (I think) that is in German.   

Zitat
Which one?

I cannot locate the untranslated phrase right now.  I''ll do a thorough search for it again and post that later.  BTW, is it better to post my questions, bug reports, and "wish list" items in the English Forum, or e-mail them to info@sinovo.net.  My thought is that posting them to the English Forum may help other English language users also, and your responses would reach a potentially wider audience.

Zitat
In the Help file I cannot use the integrated Translate tool or report the phrase that needs to be translated to English.

Zitat
The Translation tool is not for the help file, it's for the graphical interface of the program and SiDiary Online only.

I thought that was the case.  I do have some issues with the Translate tool. How to use it effectively or how to select or highlight text that needs translation is not fully clear to me.  Not a high-priority issue for me, since the vast majority of the interface is fully translated.

Zitat
I cannot print Doctors Lists.  I could find nothing in a search of the local Help file or On-line Help, FAQs, or the Forum. It would be helpful to add a QuickPrint function for Doctors Lists or a Report Template. I keep detailed notes of things to discuss with my Diabetologist but need to print those notes to take with me, rather than re-enter them in a Notepad or Word file.

Zitat
That is not what the doctors list was made for. That is was 'Ask a question' (below in the detailed logbook' was made for.
If the chosen template has the option to print such questions they will be printed to. If not you can add this option, Just have a look in the template manual: http://www.sidiary.org/download/manualtemplen.zip

:patsch: Duh, (slapping my forehead), I misunderstood the purpose of the notes in Doctors List.  'Ask a question' would be a better solution, but just didn't occur to me.  Maybe I was having a 'Senior Moment'?

Thank you for the link to the Template Manual!

Zitat
Kind regards
Joerg

Zitat
A printable option for the doctors list is still on our ToDo-List.

Thank you so much for your incredibly prompt and detailed reply.  Hope my responses clarify the issues, and, as always,

Warmest personal regards to you, Alf, and all the wonderful people and users at SINOVO and SiDiary.

John

P.S.:  I've praised SiDiary6 and SINOVO extensively on SparkPeople and at Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) meetings.  Several people have thanked me and hopefully purchased SiDiary6 or subscribed to SDO!
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Windows 7 Pro SP-1 32-bit, LG Optimus M (MS690 Android), SDO, SDPC, SDPnP, SDA Beta, OneTouch UltraLink, Minimed Paradigm Revel 723. CGM appeal pending. Januvia Clinical Trial. IE9, Chrome, Skype.

Offline jlconrod

« Antwort #3 am: April 19, 2011, 02:36 »
Quick Update:

:)
After a reboot the issue in Statistics > Line Graph > Modal week graph not displaying seems to be resolved. The Modal week graph now displays properly.

:)
The issue with Tab focus also works properly after a reboot. 

Today when I click Statistics and the Statistics tab opens with focus. I did not change any settings, but these two issues seem to be resolved launching SiDiary6 PnP after the system reboot.

P.S: Volunteered for Android Beta Test in Betatester-Stammisch.
Warm regards,

John Conrod

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #4 am: April 19, 2011, 11:01 »
Zitat
News Add-in did not inform me of Build 1236 or 1237 before   I manually ran Check or Updates.

As I said: of course not because an Update is not a news!

Zitat
I will uninstall and reinstall SiDiary 6 and let you know.  I am actually actively using PnP, so I guess I will need to buy another USB stick exclusively and create a new USB PnP stick to be sure. I'll post again after I do this.

Or you can try it on an other PC. All the issues you told about are working here as designed, no errors. So it may be a problem with your system. I use TuneUp Utilities to repair my system automatically every 2 days and so I have no such problems.

Zitat
is it better to post my questions, bug reports, and "wish list" items in the English Forum, or e-mail them to info@sinovo.net.  My thought is that posting them to the English Forum may help other English language users also, and your responses would reach a potentially wider audience.

That depends on the issue: Problems/Bugs are better reported to info@sinovo.net because this is read more frequently. Thoughts/Wishes/Beta-Reports are better in the forum, because we can discuss this here with other users.

Kind regards
Joerg

Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/